Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Rioting In Portland,Again   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Aug-5 by kizmet1; 21228 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Nov-27

That is unbelievably sad.  They call it food insecurity, but they should say people are starving.  No one who didn’t have to would stand line for 5 hours for turkey.  

kizmet1

Dec-9

Next Chapter in Portland.
Last night there was more rioting in a neighborhood in Portland. This time I can understand why. A family was being evicted from their family home due to non payment of mortgage.
What I disagree with is the violence. No one deserves parked cars to be damaged or people to be hurt. I don't know all.the details but I saw it on the news.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-9

I understand being upset because a lot of people can’t pay rent due to covid, but building owners also need money to pay their expenses. People who live or park nearby should not be turned into victims of a mob.

kizmet1

Dec-9

This is a mortgage foreclosure. We all know this is happening across the nation. It is also winter here.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-9

Ohhh, so sad.

kizmet1

Dec-10

I hope they can negotiate a new contract or maybe someone will take up a collection for them?
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-10

I think they are more interested in ripping things down.  The people lost their house in 2018 and have been squatting since then, so they have some responsibility.

The mayor just stood up to his responsibilities.

kizmet1

Dec-10

Thank you for posting this. A different slant from early tv reports.
They had the house a long time. Too bad their son went to jail but they are the ones who have to suffer for it.
Showtalk
Staff

Dec-10

I feel for them but maybe they should have done things differently.  They would have their house and he might have learned something.