Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you this there is media bias in reporting stories?   The Pleasure Seeking You: Entertainment & Sports

Started Aug-6 by Showtalk; 584 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Aug-6

Do you this there is media bias in reporting stories?
  • Yes, in all aspects9  votes
    45%
  • Yes, but mostly in political stories8  votes
    40%
  • Yes, but only in media sources that oppose my views0  votes
    0%
  • No, not in the sources I watch or read2  votes
    10%
  • No, not at all0  votes
    0%
  • Some but it's only slight more than in the past1  vote
    5%
  • I'm not sure0  votes
    0%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes, in all aspects 
Yes, but mostly in political stories 
Yes, but only in media sources that oppose my views 
No, not in the sources I watch or read 
No, not at all 
Some but it's only slight more than in the past 
I'm not sure 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-6

I looked for stories in different media sources, and was not surprised to find the media in question reported this very differently or not at all. This is the closest I could find to actually posting the numbers without drawing conclusions or spinning.

Meanwhile, a stunning 84 percent of Americans agree that "the media is to blame for political division in this country," though the same percentage also believe the media "can serve as a healing force."

In perhaps the most stunning findings, almost 80 percent of Americans say news organizations they don't trust are "trying to persuade people to adopt a certain viewpoint" while just 12 percent say media outlets are trying to report "accurately and fairly but are unable to do so." Nearly three-quarters of those polled (74 percent) are worried that the owners of media companies are "influencing coverage

kizmet1

Aug-6

I force myself to watch the hour news shows on Sundays (ABC, CBS, FOX, and NBC just because of the differences I have noticed. Not trying to expose myself to various opinions would be like sticking my head in a hole.
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-6

National and local news are different.  Different focus and different types of reporting.  So the NBC national news could be different from the NBC Portland news.

kizmet1

Aug-6

I realize that. That is why I watch 4 national orograns on weekends and flip the local stations on weekkdays. I don't like to get the opinions of just one station or network.
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-6

I try but I only have limited viewing time for news.  I can get much more by reading online.

kizmet1

Aug-6

I did that when I used a computer. Small phones leave a lot to be desired,at times.
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-6

Yes, it’s easier than using a phone. I noticed I have a typo in the poll.

kizmet1

Aug-6

Typos are very easy for me. I am the typo queen.
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-6

Phones seem to cause more than their share of typos.  It’s easier to hit the right keys in a computer keyboard. Much harder on a phone or tablet.