Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should homes with big gatherings have utilities cut off?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Aug-6 by Showtalk; 575 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Aug-6

Should homes with big gatherings have utilities cut off?
  • Yes and churches and other big gatherings should face the same4  votes
    26%
  • Yes, but only those who are blatantly violating rules2  votes
    13%
  • Yes, but just a fine or sanctions, not loss of utilities3  votes
    20%
  • Maybe, I need to know more1  vote
    6%
  • No, it seems extreme1  vote
    6%
  • Absolutely not!4  votes
    26%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes and churches and other big gatherings should face the same 
Yes, but only those who are blatantly violating rules 
Yes, but just a fine or sanctions, not loss of utilities 
Maybe, I need to know more 
No, it seems extreme 
Absolutely not! 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-6

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-6

Another article because the LA Times May limit access

kizmet1

Aug-6

Seems harsh but this virus means war with human bodies. We are all in this together. No one should be able to break the rules.
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-6

And yet some do and get away with it or get special permissions.

kizmet1

Aug-6

Yes, like the Beverly Hills party. Next, the count will go up.
I bet the count here has gone up solely because of the rioting.
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-6

Shh. You aren’t supposed to say that. Protests and riots don’t spread the virus.

In reply toRe: msg 1
MerlinsDad

Aug-7

News Item August 3

https://www.koin.com/news/health/coronavirus/dr-vines-to-host-press-conference-on-latest-covid-19-trends-multnomah-health-officials-coronavirus/

bolding mine --MD

Multnomah County is continuing to see spread of COVID-19 among young adults, with social gatherings to blame, Lead Health Officer Dr. Jennifer Vines said during a press conference on Monday.

The county has not seen a spike related to the protests. “We can say pretty confidently, no, they don’t seem to be related,” Dr. Vines said.

With 285 new confirmed/presumptive cases of COVID-19 recorded Sunday, Oregon’s cumulative total now stands at 19,097 since the pandemic began. Multnomah County had the second-highest number of reported cases on Sunday.

Marion County recorded 53 new cases Sunday, the most of the 22 counties with cases. Multnomah and Washington counties were close with 48 and 47 respectively. Clackamas County had 26 cases and Umatilla County — which was rolled back to Baseline status on Friday — recorded another 20

Showtalk
Staff

Aug-7

Yes, the count has gone up or everything else we’ve been told is a lie.  This is a good explanation of the nonsense the media is spouting.  Either riots and protests also spread corona or we don’t need to distance or wear masks.  This is one reason people are having trouble with the media.  They don’t make any sense and don’t draw logical conclusions.

kizmet1

Aug-8

I do notbelieve that. We have nit had very much swimming going on until after a lot more young oeople started getting involved with the riots. Those rioters weregetting very close to each other when looting stores.