Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

55% of Covid patients have neurological problems 3 months later   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Aug-8 by $1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S); 711 views.

55% of patients still have neurological problems three months later

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/55-of-coronavirus-patients-still-have-neurological-problems-three-months-later-study-2020-08-07

...  While lung scarring, heart and kidney damage may result from COVID-19, doctors and researchers are starting to clock the potential long-term impact of the virus on the brain also.  Younger COVID-19 patients who were otherwise healthy are suffering blood clots and strokes. ... And many “long-haulers,” or COVID-19 patients who have continued showing symptoms for months after the initial infection passed, report neurological problems such as confusion and difficulty concentrating (or brain fog), as well as headaches, extreme fatigue, mood changes, insomnia and loss of taste and/or smell.

Indeed, the CDC recently warned that it takes longer to recover from COVID-19 than the 10- to 14-day quarantine window that has been touted throughout the pandemic. In fact, one in five young adults under 34 was not back to their usual health up to three weeks after testing positive. And 35% of surveyed U.S. adults overall had not returned to their normal state of health when interviewed two to three weeks after testing. ...

(a whole lot more in the article)

Showtalk
Staff

Aug-8

The key to that salacious headline is the word “could.” What they don’t say is that any serious inflammatory disease, including influenza, can have lingering effects for months but most symptoms go away.  That article is purposely trying to terrify people about the seriousness of the disease.  There is nothing new in the article, they are drumming up fear. Anyone who has ever broke a bone or had a weighs sprain that fuses inflammation knows the after effects can last as long as a year,

kizmet1

Aug-8

I wonder if some of these health problems are from the massive drugs given to stay alive?
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-8

It’s possible.

kizmet1

Aug-8

Something no one ever considers
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-8

No, and I agree.

I don't remember any neurological symptoms from influenza, or ever heard of any, although I know all about the "feel like I was hit by a truck" that lingered long after everyone demanded I get up and go back to school.

But I wasn't seeing green bugs crawling up an undulating ceiling and didn't open the refrigerator and look into a vast abyss and a voice calls out "Zuuul" either.

Showtalk
Staff

Aug-8

One of my nurse friends which is also a college professor, says  it happens with inflammatory disease. We don’t hear about aftereffects of flu because no one even cares. Flu isn’t politicized, Covid is. Flu has been around forever, Covid has not.

Showtalk said:

Flu isn’t politicized, Covid is. Flu has been around forever, Covid has not.

And of course there are political operatives that are working round the clock to milk Covid for every electoral advantage they can, even if it means destruction of the economy and the livelihood of millions, because to those kind of people, the ends justify the means.

Some of them would happily allow a nuclear attack to happen if it would give them an advantage.

Like Rahm Emmanuel said, "You never want a serious crisis to go to waste. And what I mean by that is an opportunity to do things that you think you could not do before."

Showtalk
Staff

Aug-8

It will be interesting to see if all this stops after the election.