Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Hope you are not dependent on Social Security or need Medicare   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Aug-8 by MerlinsDad; 1164 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-25

I know exactly what the crisis is, what has been suggested and what each side wants to do. I also know how it went bankrupt. 

MerlinsDad

Aug-25

Then you are perfectly aware of the changes the Republicans have in mind should they win some portion of the government in the next election?

• Edited August 25, 2020 10:56 pm  by  MerlinsDad
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-26

I heard the plans. Money will be moved to cover it.

MerlinsDad

Aug-26

as a long term solution?

Showtalk
Staff

Aug-26

Possible, along with raising the age to start. Eventually it will go broke anyway due to long ago policies and uses.

BWArtist

Aug-26

Showtalk said," For as long as I can remember they have been saying the Republicans are going to take away social security, but they haven’t and in the end have not wanted to. 

The republicans have been trying to hand SS to wall street forever. They just never could figure out how to do it without getting thrown out of their office.

Showtalk
Staff

Aug-26

That is untrue. I can’t stand Paul Ryan but it’s a wrong characterization.  I remember at the time it was not correct.

BWArtist

Aug-26

Sigh. I've heard the republican rhetoric  for years. In fact ,I'm presently getting a headache listening to their GOP convention propaganda as I read your post. Too tired to argue about the obvious tonight.