Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

NY Times fact check mistake   The Serious You: Politics

Started Aug-10 by Showtalk; 208 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-10

How did they miss this?  I knew immediately when I saw it. Has the paper forgotten Hillary or don’t think she is a woman?  Fact checkers make mistakes, so why do we trust them so much?

kizmet1

Aug-10

"Mixed gender"?
Does that mean Hellary is "mixed up"? (I am being nice).
  • Edited August 10, 2020 1:32 pm  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-10

I don’t think they meant mixed within one person but across the ticket.  She might be mixed up, I haven’t heard much from her this week.

kizmet1

Aug-10

With her anything is possible.
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-10

I’m curious how this got past their fact checkers.  They have had a lot of bad press lately.

kizmet1

Aug-10

gI have noticed that my local news seems to have been bending over backward to say sympathetic things about the rioters but very little about the small business owners or, until recently, the ugly things that have been done to Federal property and Federal cops who were just doing their job of trying to protect Federal property. Too many uninformed people sided with the damage causing rioters and news media was part of them.
  • Edited August 10, 2020 8:35 pm  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-10

According to various people who study social behaviors, there is very little support for the violence and the media is wrong.  I think eventually we will see a huge backlash against the rioting and looting and harm done to people. 

kizmet1

Aug-10

I agree. People here are really getting tired of having their neighborhoods damaged.
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-10

Yes. It will affect the elections.

If I remember correctly, there were 3 such tickets in history.

1984 - Mondale-Ferraro

and 2016 and 2020