Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

The worse president in US history wants his face on Mount Rushmore.   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Aug-10 by MerlinsDad; 295 views.
MerlinsDad

Poll Question From MerlinsDad

Aug-10

The worse president in US history wants his face on Mount Rushmore.
  • Sounds ok to me3  votes
    23%
  • You have to be joking!2  votes
    15%
  • Oh! No! What an ego!2  votes
    15%
  • Doesn't he know there's no room for another image?1  vote
    7%
  • Other5  votes
    38%
Sounds ok to me 
You have to be joking! 
Oh! No! What an ego! 
Doesn't he know there's no room for another image? 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
MerlinsDad

Aug-10

bolding mine --MD

News item by Benji Jones and Charles Davis, August 8
https://www.businessinsider.com/how-gov-noem-trumps-desire-carved-into-mt-rushmore-2020-8

?  Last year, a White House aide asked the office of South Dakota's governor, Kristi Noem, how to add more presidents to Mount Rushmore, The New York Times reported Saturday [August 8], citing an anonymous source familiar with the conversation. 

?  Gov. Noem played to President Trump's interest in the monument in July, greeting him with a four-foot replica of Mount Rushmore with his face added on to it. 

?  Noem recalled her first meeting with Trump in the oval office: "I said, 'Mr. President, you should come to South Dakota sometime. We have Mount Rushmore.' And he goes, 'Do you know it's my dream to have my face on Mount Rushmore?'"

news item by Ronn Blitzer  August 10
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/trump-face-mount-rushmore-good-idea

Trump claimed that a recent New York Times report that he had inquired about having his face added to Mount Rushmore was "Fake News," although he was not exactly opposed to the idea.

The Times reported on Saturday that in 2019, a White House aide asked South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem's office about how a president could get added to the famed mountain sculpture. CNN later picked up the Times' report, adding a reference to a 2018 Oval Office meeting where, Noem said, Trump asked her about it directly.

Noem claimed, according to the Sioux Falls Argus Leader, that she had encouraged Trump to visit South Dakota, mentioning Mount Rushmore, to which Trump replied that it was his "dream" to have his face on there

"I started laughing," said Noem, who was running for governor at the time. "He wasn't laughing, so he was totally serious."

Opinion piece by Chris Cillizza August 10, 2020
https://www.cnn.com/2020/08/10/politics/donald-trump-mt-rushmore-kristi-noem/index.html

On Sunday night [August 9] . . .Trump tweeted out a picture of himself standing in front of Mount Rushmore -- an image that made him look as though he was the fifth presidential bust on the iconic monument.

News item by Jonathan Martin and Maggie Haberman, August 8
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/08/08/us/politics/kristi-noem-pence-trump.html?referringSource=articleShare

In private, the efforts to charm Mr. Trump were more pointed, according to a person familiar with the episode: Ms. Noem greeted him with a four-foot replica of Mount Rushmore that included a fifth presidential likeness: his.

kizmet1

Aug-10

We will find out in 4 years.
I doubt it will be a 4 year POTUS. None have been good at anything but raising taxes.
MerlinsDad

Aug-10

Thanks for your comments.

me (DENNIS4927)

Aug-11

I didnt know Obama wanted his face up there
MerlinsDad

Aug-11

Cute. 

You obviously didn't read message #2.

BWArtist

Aug-13

Graffiti is illegal to spray on National Monuments. Especially if in gold paint. What would you call it? A fool in fool;s gold?

BWArtist

Aug-13

Gawd Dennis, All these years and you 're still trying to squeeze out a bad joke out  of old worn out material.