Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Why did a potentially fatal highly contagious disease become a political issue?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Aug-11 by MerlinsDad; 939 views.
MerlinsDad

Aug-11

Why did a potentially fatal highly contagious disease which has already taken over 164,000 American lives and for which there is no vaccination become a political issue?

Showtalk
Staff

Aug-11

I don’t know. It should not be.

MerlinsDad

Aug-11

Thank you for your opinion

Showtalk
Staff

Aug-11

You’re welcome. What is your opinion?

Because the extremely divisive partisan hacks have for years, as their first reaction, weaponized anything they can find.

And it's that division is one of the huge reasons that the U.S. has mishandled this far worse than any other country in the world short of the ultra-corrupt fiefdoms you hear about usually with pictures of starving children fleeing war and famine even in normal times.

Various political factions have weaponized the pandemic under the premise of "an enemy of my enemy is my friend"

MerlinsDad

Aug-13

You don't think the primary blame falls on the shoulders of the politicians?

Oh, it falls on the shoulders of all combatants. But for politicians to successfully weaponize something, there must be a whole lot of supporters out there to take that ball and run with it.

And for the various people to get traction with it as a political weapon, there have to be politicians willing to exploit it.

So it's a mutual back scratching kind of situation. Or a "consenual affair"

Showtalk
Staff

Aug-14

People are stuck at home and bored. The media plays up the political aspects. It’s a major election year.  All ripe for mass hysteria.

kizmet1

Aug-14

The virus was known before the rioting. The rioters started before masks and being cautious were encouraged.
Carelessness continued along with those enjoying bathing suit weather.
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-14

Yes, it was.