Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Will Trump successfully steal the election?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started 8/14/20 by MerlinsDad; 2047 views.

that's where I found the article - it was the original on Vice that I stumbled on.

MerlinsDad said:

Who knows what will happen when millions go hungry. Bread riots might be a mild description.

Well, there is plenty of historical precedent around the world.

I think King Louis XVI and Marie Antoinette faced some consequences. And of course there are a few other regimes that a lot of starving people (or even religious / ethnic oppression) ultimately re-drew the maps in some parts of the world, in my lifetime. The present boundaries and names of some countries is not what was on the world map that hung on my classroom wall in Geography when I was a kid.

kizmet1

8/16/20

Oregon votes by mail but also has the option of dropping the ballot off at various official places in their county Has worked very well. Some may like to drop the ballot off at the last minute for other issues on the ballot.
kizmet1

8/16/20

The ones in Oregon were removed and planted elsewhere due to prescheduled construction.
MerlinsDad

8/16/20

Thank you for your observation.

BWArtist

8/17/20

Watching  his tampering with the United States Postal System is stirring up more than he can handle. The USPO has a 77% approval rating with the public. Vets need their meds. Retirees need their SS checks. Rural residents like me need package shipping  services where FedX will not go. And it goes on and on. It's looking as it's an attempt to privatize the post office with an added side advantage for trump to sabotage the next election.  If you or I start prying mail boxes off the wall or ripping out sorting machines that cause USPO to have to have 30 employees to do the work 2 and a machine can do, they'd throw us in jail. Postmaster General is heavily invested in private technology to replace what we have right now??? People are really getting pissed off. Trump has bitten off more than he can chew.

kizmet1

8/17/20

Ny gov't checks are by auto deposit. Why aren't yours?
BTW, the proper initials are U.S.P.S.
Maybe places like FED EX et al took a lot of business away from them?
MerlinsDad

8/17/20

Maybe we can watch the events in Beirut to get an idea of what might happen.   They been fighting government corruption; they had their port destroyed, so getting food in will be difficult.  Hundreds of thousands are homeless; they have a health care crisis.  

We might gain insights into our own future.

• Edited August 18, 2020 12:26 am  by  MerlinsDad
Showtalk
Host

8/17/20

Trump isn’t personally doing anything to the post office. They have been in the red for years and have been removing mail boxes and changing postal routes for years.  We lost a mailbox and our routes has changed many times.  This happened during Obama’s term.