Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Have you ever been awakened by a loud noise no one else heard? (SNP)   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Aug-17 by $1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S); 4860 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-1

Your relatives were also good at building and creating. You got it from them. So you went from daredevil to tattle tale. Well, eventually you became more of an engineer.

Yeah, we always were being creative.

And that kind of creativity has paid off in the pandemic, because 90% of the people would not have the kind of skills to live frugally and do stuff rather than have to pay a professional to fix every little thing.

I heard plenty of thunder this evening.

And falling rain. But everyone else did too. We were exchanging times as to when the storm front reached each place as it progressed across the Permian Basin.

kizmet1

Sep-18

If you had grown up in a city you would have been given a college scholarship as soon as you were big enough to carry a stack of books around campus.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-18

I agree. He is probably genius level in a lot of subjects.

kizmet1

Sep-18

If only he lived closer.
kizmet1 said:

If you had grown up in a city you would have been given a college scholarship as soon as you were big enough to carry a stack of books around campus

Or would have been in Juvie for being too curious about how the world works, because the edumacation system seems geared towards producing "worker bees for the new world order" rather than those who might challenge the socio-political power structure and those who benefit so well from it.

Then of course if I'd been unlucky enough to be born in the inner city - well, smart kids were mercilessly targeted for being different, and any threat to the pecking order is to be stamped out promptly.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-24

You did get yourself into a lot of trouble out in the country.