Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

He has reached the stage where he pounces and chases everything.

Today, the large gray cat rode in on my shoulders and "met" kitten. At first she just kind of touched noses and sniffed at him. But later when she was in my lap and kitten scampered across the floor to climb my leg, she growled and hissed at him.

I almost got a picture of them together but of course phone cameras take too many steps to set up and actually get them to focus and fire the shutter that any fast and transient thing is long gone before you can take a picture. The least practical, most poorly designed photography device ever devised. I got a picture of him on Sept 22nd at his unusually sleeping state, which is punctuated by a lot of hyperactivi

KItten sound asleep next to phone earbuds after an evening pouncing on everything

Briefly pausing during a long program coding session.

fixing to pounce at the camera

Kitten playing "String" with a piece of fly fishing line.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-29

He’s beautiful! He looks spunky and fun.  

kizmet1

Sep-29

I would hang an old pingpong ball on a string and then the other end to the ceiling with tape. Kept my kitten busy until nap time.
I knew kitty was getting smart when it figured how to climb on a chair and make a big jump off of it and grab the ball with paws.

He is. Very energetic. Right now he's snoozing again but he was quite busy earlier chasing stuff.

I have a thumb drive hung from a ceiling fan. He was going nuts earlier attacking it.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-30

He has important work to do when he’s awake.

kizmet1

Oct-1

I had a young kitten when I was little. I taped a balloon to the ceiling. One day we heard it pop. It was great exercise for him while it lasted.
Years later I did the same thing for a poodle. He was much smarter. Figured out that he could get on a chair and jump off of it and reach the ballon that way. He grabbed the string by his teeth. He was very proud of getting the balloon down and even prouder when he popped it. Pets are wonderful!
  • Edited October 1, 2020 2:57 pm  by  kizmet1

He sure does. Whether it's toppling stacks of paper, spilling a drink unattended for more than about 35 microseconds* or replacing a couple of hours of work in an open document with lines of gibberish from a walk across the keyboard, he's always busy.

* it takes the beam of radio waves on my internet connection roughly 35 microseconds to travel the 7 miles to the ISP's tower in town. The same signal takes more than 3 seconds to get from the earth to the moon and back. In that length of time he can knock over a glass of milk, leave a set of paw prints in the growing puddle, come back, and knock the now empty cup to the floor.