Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

55 Shot in Chicago ( A slow weekend.)   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Aug-31 by SQUADDYB; 1728 views.
SQUADDYB

Aug-31

55 people shot in Chicago over the weekend, one child and also two police officers executing  traffic stop! ( So, it was a SLOW weekend as far as homicides go!)

Where are the "peaceful" BLM protestors, why are they not out protesting the shooting of that young black child?????????

Oh yeah, that's right, he was shot in the ghetto! 

There's no; Neiman Marcus, Macy's, Bloomingdales, Nordstrom or other upscale stores with high end retail goods ripe for the picking!!!!!!!:>)

BLM supporters, bring it on........................

Showtalk
Staff

Aug-31

You didn’t hear? The violence is all Trump’s fault. No mention either of a Trump supporter killed. The only article I could find was on Fox.

Showtalk
Staff

Aug-31

Will anyone listen to Willie Brown? He is the one who rewarded Kamala Harris with her first political job. He also told her please don’t take the VP spot.

In reply toRe: msg 3
Showtalk
Staff

Aug-31

One article in a UK paper. 

Maybe that was why I saw so many flags at half staff today, but not at gub'mint buildings?

I saw about a dozen, and the best guess various people could make was it had something to do with a counter-protestor being shot and killed over the weekend.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-1

Maybe so. They barely mentioned  him, though.

and I figured it out, finally.

August 31st was the one year anniversary of what the drive-by media called a mass shooting in Odessa, but was more like a Wild West kind of rolling shoot-out between someone with an extensive criminal record and the cops that came out of a traffic stop gone horribly bad. The perp had a whole bunch of outstanding warrants, and evidently was determined to not go back to prison.

Well, he didn't go back to prison by the time it was all over with, in a chase that ran about 100 miles between Midland an Odessa and ended in a hail of bullets in a theater parking lot. In the meantime, the perp took random pot shots at motorists unlucky enough to be in his path, including one that he executed at a stoplight then took that vehicle to escape the scene now that the stolen truck he had been driving was being looked for by everyone.

But of course the national media was trying to play it off as some disgruntled white supremacist, until it turned out their pre-written script they were reading as news, diverged too far from the reality and those eyewitnesses who also were hearing what the media had been saying, called them out on it.

I forget what the actual body count was, but I think it was like 3 actually shot and at least one or more fatalities that resulted from a car or truck whose driver had been shot while at highway speed becoming essentially an unguided missile to plow into whatever happened to be along its trajectory.