Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Deceptive political videos on Facebook and Twitter   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Sep-1 by MerlinsDad; 1136 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-7

If you collect only certain types of items, not every estate sale has them.  Also, the family takes what they want first, so often what is sold are things people don’t want. 

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-7

Yes, if a tape is dirty or defective it can ruin your equipment.

kizmet1

Sep-7

Yes. I have to find out how to take apart my old DVD/VCR's and clean the old fashioned way. I have been working hard and now have 5 tv's that work, one way or another. Didn't plan on it but I figured out how to.make them.work and decided it was time to start transfering tape to disc.
  • Edited September 7, 2020 12:39 pm  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-7

You could fix mine for me. I don’t even use it much anymore.

kizmet1

Sep-7

LOL. Mine will be challenging enough.

Most of the VCR problems are worn out belts, which is why they will eat a vintage tape rather than play it once it gets 5 years old (and will always eat tape once the get to be about 30 years old.

If you can find new belts and wheel rubber rims and can clean all the capstans and such thoroughly (91% isopropyl alcohol) then they should play tapes for quite some time.

kizmet1

Sep-8

I think my newest one is just dirty. It is a dual player and recorder by Panasonic. I mostly used the DVDbut not in many years. Misplaced the remote until now..
kizmet1

Sep-8

Yesterday I said I had 5 working tvs. We had a power outage. 2 will nit go back on. They are Toshiba's. I lost remotes they came with and had used an old VCR remote to turn them on. Was getting ready to program a new remote when power went off. Using VCR remote must not work anymore. GE seems to be the only one in stores anymore. They have to be programmed while tv is on. Sigh.
kizmet1 said:

It is a dual player and recorder by Panasonic

I have one of those. It's been discontinued for a while, but it does have a digital TV tuner. I have not seen a DVD off the air recorder in a while though.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-8

Maybe due to the power surge.