Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Deceptive political videos on Facebook and Twitter   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Sep-1 by MerlinsDad; 1145 views.
kizmet1

Sep-8

I think.all have been discontinued. Too bad. Duals are really nice. My favorite was the very advanced Go Video followed by Sylvania. Sylvania really has a lot of extras on it. Very little use like the Panasonic.
kizmet1

Sep-8

Not sure. Found that the switch to open DVD door makes it stay on longer. I got it on for now.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-8

Good. It sounds like a workaround.

I need to fix the VCR part of the thing because of the collection of VHS tapes that should be copied to DVD and also save as AVI, MP4, or similar video files fully unlocked from any DRM for preservation as media eventually dies over time and has to be frequently backed up.

kizmet1

Sep-9

That is what I will be attempting. I think my Sylvania is a better machine. Has a lot more options than Panasonic.
kizmet1

Sep-9

Is it possible there are some unwanted VHS players out there looking for a home?

There probably are, but their numbers are dwindling with each passing year. Grandma and Grandpa pass away, the kids see that ancient VCR, it doesn't work, they call or google around, discover that the only place that might be able to fix it wants 10x what a new digital solid state recorder would cost, and then no one wants it at the estate sale unless one of a handful of us happen to stumble upon it.

So one by one, each unit ends up in the landfill. Since none are being manufactured any more, the day will come when there are no more working VCRs, when the last person with an interest in trying to fix the things passes away, and then a huge amount of history is just gone.

kizmet1

Sep-11

I am a greedy hoarder with my almost new, rarely used two DVD/VCR's. Many things to copy and edit.

What about parts? Aftermarket belts and tires?

kizmet1

Sep-11

Do not know if I need those or just a good cleaning. Someone told me to use cleaning fluid and a Q tip. That would be just for my GoVideo.