Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

White supremacy is 'most lethal threat' to the US, DHS draft assessment says   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Sep-9 by MerlinsDad; 3740 views.
Showtalk said:

Interesting now that they are scrambling to distance themselves from the riots

Kind of like in "1984" when in the middle of Hate Week, suddenly word came that they were no longer at war with Eurasia but were now at war with Eastasia and in alliance with Eurasia. They scrambled to fix all the posters that had the wrong names for the scapegoats, and Winston Smith at the Ministry of Truth had a huge mountain of work to do to re-write history to fit the new paradigm.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-17

I asked a friend who studies this kind of information, who said DHS did not say supremicists are the greatest threat. The writer for a small publication took leaked notes and came to that conclusion. Actually, the most current nots say Domestic terror and includes BLM. That puts a new spin on this supposed true information. This is more political hysteria. We should wait for a final report.

kizmet1

Sep-20

When the BLM rioting started they were in Portland and hit several areas I used to live in, one 4 blocks from my old home and the farthest 2 miles from another. As a single woman living alone I am relieved I am not in those neighborhoods. However, they have come within 6 miles of where I am now.
When certain people post their support for BLM I fear it may only "egg them on" to keep on going into other neighborhoods until they end up on my street.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-20

It looks like support for them is diminishing.

kizmet1

Sep-20

That is a nice start but is only one team, for now. In the meantime they have been busy here, attacking the ICE HQ and others. A couple days of ashes floating around and then a couple of days of rain kept them away but I fear they will keep on coming.
They crossed not only city lines but county lines and nothing happened to them. They would have a true field day in my area. I have not seen the police since I moved in, even when neighbor was cutting everything edible in my yard, down.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-21

Yes, it is only one team but that will change if they want to keep fans.

Showtalk said:

Actually, the most current nots say Domestic terror and includes BLM. That puts a new spin on this supposed true information. This is more political hysteria. We should wait for a final report.

What I fear of course from such reports is another witch hunt when the next regime comes to power, to scorched earth persecute any political opponents.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-25

They are trying that now.

Historically, nations don't survive those kind of convulsions, although sometimes they can creak along and steadily weaken for centuries up until some outside stressor causes it so just implode and the territory divided up.

The following leans a bit towards the left of center, but some of the comparisons seem dead-on even though the presumed causes and solutions may be 180 degrees off course.

https://theweek.com/articles/939193/america-holy-roman-empire-21st-century

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-25

Some are accurate. Others are the usual blame game.