Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Have you baked since the shutdown started?   The Ravenous You: Food, Glorious Food

Started 9/9/20 by Showtalk; 1906 views.
Risa (Risa25)

Mar-4

Was baking before the shutdown but was hard to find flour for a while. When it reappeared on store shelves, I bought six bags:)
Showtalk
Host

Mar-4

I bought three, and have only used one.  I was baking more when it was scarce than I am now.

Risa (Risa25)

Mar-4

I bake weekly, filling a cake box and a cookie jar. Mostly I bake cupcakes, muffins, quick breads and pies.
Showtalk
Host

Mar-4

I would love to do that but no one eats it.

Risa (Risa25)

Mar-4

Aww, that's a shame--luckily I have a friend, a widower, who comes by once a week to help me with things around the house I can't do for myself and in return I cook him dinner and send him home with some of my baking. His grandkids love the cookies!
Showtalk
Host

Mar-4

I guess I could cook for neighbors, but they are trying to keep their children away from baked goods and sugar and we just don’t eat that much of it.  I began a sourdough starter early in the pandemic but it’s so strong I can’t take too much of it. Apparently that means it’s very healthy.

Is mise. (Altermahn)

Mar-16

I have. And the problem is that I've eaten all of it...someone has to :-)

Showtalk
Host

Mar-16

I try to share it.

Is mise. (Altermahn)

Mar-17

There's only the two of us, and we're in lockdown...

Showtalk
Host

Mar-17

We are in lockdown too, but I took food to a neighbor who hasn’t been out of her house in a year except for doctor visits.