Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Orange skies in the Bay Area caused by the terrible wildfires   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Sep-9 by MerlinsDad; 793 views.
MerlinsDad

Sep-9

Take a look at these photos.  This is terrible.  I have great sympathy for the people, especially for those with asthma and other respiratory problems. 

I remember a day when the wind shifted while they were burning fields in Oregon, and a yellow cloud of smoke descended on Salem.  It was bad, but nothing like this.   

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/09/weather/california-orange-skies-wildfires-photos-trnd/index.html

kizmet1

Sep-10

Red skies are all over Oregon and Washington. Powers and Lyon are gone. Silver Falls Park , with all it's waterfalls, is under threat. Small towns outside of Oregon City are in danger. Lincoln City has been told to evacuate. People in Beaverton are finding ash on their cars.
kizmet1

Sep-10

Red skies are all over Oregon and Washington. Powers and Lyon are gone. Silver Falls Park , with all it's waterfalls, is under threat. Small towns outside of Oregon City are in danger. Lincoln City has been told to evacuate. People in Beaverton are finding ash on their cars.
MerlinsDad

Sep-10

Saw reports on KEZI

kizmet1

Sep-10

try closer to Portland where some from Oregon City area are sleeping in parking lots if they are lucky enough to have RV's
MerlinsDad

Sep-10

Can you suggest a news outlet?

I looked at that one because it was about the Springfield fire.  I remember that area.

Do the various cities have centers for the displaced.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-10

And Idaho. They have some big fires.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-10

Depends on the city. I have a friend in a small town who was able to move to a friend’s house for a few nights with her children and a truckload of animals.

In reply toRe: msg 6
MerlinsDad

Sep-10

I saw the satellite images of Phoenix and Talent on CNN

MerlinsDad

Sep-10

Good for her friend.