Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

After 19 years, have we forgotten 9/11?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Sep-11 by $1,661.87 in cats (ROCKETMAN_S); 232 views.

There are kids in their 2nd year of college now who weren't even born when 9/11 happened. They have never known a world before then.

And today, I haven't seen a single headline talking about the anniversary, yet. Although admittedly I haven't searched the sites that inundate you with bandwidth hogging video ads and other glurge that brings networks serving Rural America to its knees.

Since it would take hours for some of those pages to load, I guess only the people living in urban and suburban areas where they have Tokyo or Singapore type internet speeds know if there are any anniversary related articles. I haven't had the radio on yet so it's anyone's guess what they've had there at the top of the hour.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-11

I hope not but I have the radio on now and haven’t heard a word.  This is the first I’ve seen about it online.  

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-11

Two people remembered.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-11

Biden said he’s not going to campaign today. He’s only going to remember 9/11

kizmet1

Sep-11

Some of the morning network tv shows remembered.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-11

Yes, I finally heard something brief about it. I have the news on the radio.  

kizmet1

Sep-11

Jenna Bush is on Today Show and Megan McCain on The View so I think both stations remembered.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-11

I’ve found several tributes since I first posted. They were very touching. I think the reason there wasn’t more is because they did not hold a live reading of names this year like they usually do. Stations aren’t going to feature a rerun from last year.

kizmet1

Sep-11

I didn't wake up early enough to se much of anything special except what talk shoes mentioned.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-11

There should be news on TV covering it tonight. I make break down and watch one.