Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Animal Lovers: What Would You Have Done?   The Natural You: Wild Kingdom

Started Sep-14 by kizmet1; 289 views.
kizmet1

Sep-14

KPTV, Mulino, OR

What would you have done?
A Husky breeder was told he had to leave his home in the danger zone. He had 24 Huskies he left behind in their kennel.
Should the breeder have let the dogs loose to run for their lives as he drove off or did he do the right thing by leaving them locked up?
A group of volunteers managed to rescue the dogs and load them up and drive in a caravan to safety.

• Edited September 15, 2020 12:15 am  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-15

He probably was not given a choice.  There are groups set up to help rescue animals during emergencies. He either did not know about it or did not want to lose all his dogs to a rescue group. For a breeder, that is a lifetime of work in those dogs.  He’s lost everything. He won’t get them back.

kizmet1

Sep-15

Not sure. He helped find a safe place for some of them. I guess it depends on how "legal" the kennel was?
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-15

It could behave been legitimate. I will research

kizmet1

Sep-15

Good. If not, I hope he is arrested.
I hate inbreeding as much as I hate mixed breeding.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-15

Is the Breeders name posted?  I can’t find a thing.

kizmet1

Sep-15

no word on the breeder, so far.
  • Edited September 15, 2020 6:16 pm  by  kizmet1
kizmet1

Sep-15

I cannot find anything, either. I wonder if it was a puppy mill? The owner must have breeder friends to help if he was a known breeder, wouldn't he?
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-15

I don’t know. I’ll see if there is anything on the dog forums.

kizmet1

Sep-15

OK. I tried web ads but no address was given for any of them. I got to thinking that 24 is a lot of mouths to feed at once.