Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How concerned are you about getting access to screening / testing for COVID-19?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Sep-15 by Carol Ann (Knit_Chat); 3121 views.
Marci (marcinmin)

Oct-5

my state was very pro-active in setting up drive through & walk up clinics. They had to shut down some at first, mainly because of shortages of supplies, reagents & PPE, but those were overcome and the sites providing testing has expanded via both the public and private sector

Carol Ann (Knit_Chat)
Staff

Oct-5

NJ has been pretty on top of providing tests for anyone who wants/needs one since the summer. Before that it was difficult to get tested unless you had quite a few symptoms and even then it was difficult. My neighbor was very ill in early March (9th). She went to the hospital with a high fever, coughing, breathing issues and was told she had bronchitis and didn't need a COVID-19 test. Her housemate got sick March 21st and went to his doctor and paid for a COVID-19 test which was positive. On April 3rd the third housemate  tested positive. 

Thankfully testing is now available in many places and getting results back is pretty fast.

Marci (marcinmin)

Oct-5

The leadership from governors makes all he difference 

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-5

That must have been very comforting at a time when everyone was uncertain and scared.  I’m now seeing people very relaxed and almost bored with the whole situation.  I got so annoyed with people I know early on. One woman decided to get a test so she could visit a grandchild. She had never been exposed that she knew of so she took a rest that should have gone to someone at more risk.  She didn’t care. She wanted to visit, so she told them she might have been exposed and got a drive through test.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-5

That just awful!  

kizmet1

Oct-5

Not really concerned. Every now and then I stock up on food and stay home for 2 weeks. Nothing unusual happens. I also avoid public busses. I sit in the store lobby waiting for my ride and spray everything within my reach with Lysol.
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-5

They must like you keeping the ride are clean for them.

kizmet1

Oct-5

LOL. Someone has to. I havemy doubts about how often they do it. They keep the sterile wipes inside one door where very few notice it. In the beginning they had someone wiping down carts. Not so any more. I just use my cart from home and strap in onto theirs. My food stays away frm.dirty carts.
YWN666

Oct-6

The biggest danger in my mind are those that are positive but show no symptoms.  If we all got tested, symptoms or not, we could get to work on isolating all of the positives and really have an impact on the virus spread.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-6

I assume people working in the stores have touched my food already, so cleaning a basket doesn’t do a lot. A sitting surface is something else.