Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Have you or anyone you know been diagnosed with COVID-19?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Sep-15 by Carol Ann (Knit_Chat); 2734 views.
Marci (marcinmin)

Oct-4

My sister's neighbors had COVID. They both recovered and the wife was sicker than the husband - the kids, fortunately, did not get it although they were ignoring protocols

Carol Ann (Knit_Chat)
Staff

Oct-4

The kids could be asymptomatic carriers of the disease. That's why this virus is spreading in the US.

Marci (marcinmin)

Oct-4

Yes, there are a number of reasons including people getting lax and not wearing masks or practicing social distance or not being careful, having to return to work in high risk jobs, Getting tired of COVID and resuming group gatherings etc. when flu seasons hits it will be a double whammy 

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-4

It’s very hard to live in an area where mask use is not mandatory.  I don’t have to worry about it, they are mandatory. I don’t like wearing them, but I do it. We don’t have to when we are outdoors if we are far enough away from other people. If we are in crowds, or hiking on a  more populated trail we must wear them, but walking around the neighborhood, not unless everyone else is outside at the same time.

Marci (marcinmin)

Oct-4

It is mandatory where I live, too, and most ppl I see in public are wearing masks. If anyone goes into a store, restaurant, gym, salon,  etc. they have to wear masks that completely cover mouth and nose and practice social distancing.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-4

Do they distance? I’ve noticed most people think they are safe in a market if they walk fast, keep their heads down and don’t look directly at anyone else.  But they are not keeping 6 ‘ between them. 

Marci (marcinmin)

Oct-4

Well the six feet is for a prolonged  period. If you walk by quickly and avoid face to face  contact it won’t be problem. The checkouts have markers to stay at six Feet. 

Carol Ann (Knit_Chat)
Staff

Oct-4

Marci (marcinmin) said:

when flu seasons hits it will be a double whammy 

I agree. That's why my husband and I got our flu shots last week instead of mid-October as usual. We're not taking any chances. 

Marci (marcinmin)

Oct-4

I got mine in early September 

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-4

That is mostly the case here, but our huge supermarket has no isolated place to stand in lines.