Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do our Immigration Policies Give Opportunity for Dehumanization??   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Sep-16 by BWArtist; 201 views.
BWArtist

Poll Question From BWArtist

Sep-16

Do our Immigration Policies Give Opportunity for Dehumanization??
  • Yes7  votes
    50%
  • No6  votes
    42%
  • Maybe1  vote
    7%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes 
No 
Maybe 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
BWArtist

Sep-16

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-16

This is a horrible crime anywhere it happens. It has been prevalent in colleges and even in a Olympics sports.  But it’s not limited to immigration.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-16

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-16

Former Team USA gymnasts describe doctor's alleged sexual abuse

Attorney suing USA Gymnastics for failing to protect female athletes believes every Olympic team since 1996 has had members abused by Dr. Lawrence Nassar

In reply toRe: msg 5
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-16

From the previous article. That first sentence sounds like the same failing the Post Office had. They could not do the one job they were asked to do.

Editor's Note: "You had one job. You literally had one job, and you couldn't protect us!" Olympic gold medal gymnast Simone Biles told reporters earlier this week.

Biles, in Kansas City for the U.S. Gymnastics' Championship, said that USA Gymnastics failed to protect her and other athletes from Larry Nassar, the former team doctor. Nassar is now in prison serving time for numerous counts of sexual assault.

"It's not easy being out here," Biles said. "I feel every day is a reminder of what I went through."

60 Minutes first reported on the allegations against Nassar in February 2017, when three former gymnasts -- Jamie Dantzscher, Jessica Howard and Jeanette Antolin -- told correspondent Dr. Jon LaPook about the abuse they endured during Nassar's "treatments."

"I remember thinking something was off, but I didn't feel like I was able to say anything because he was, you know, this very high-profile doctor," Howard told LaPook.

Biles disclosed in 2018 that she too had been assaulted by Nassar.

kizmet1

Sep-16

Immigration has nothing to do with lousy doctors. They are all over the nation. Maybe they get a diploma with barely passing grades and "hide" with Immigration until they can get a better job?
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-16

Or maybe they are abusers and sex offenders who find a quiet place to practice.

kizmet1

Sep-16

Lot of education and expense to go thru just to abuse women.
BWArtist

Sep-16

I'm wondering about the hysterectomy aspect. Do the sexual abuse  cases you have put forth have unneeded hysterectomies classified as part of the sexual abuse?

I've been watching all day for more details, but it looks like there is much more to investigate before real answers are to be found.

An old restaurant owner friend once told me, in regard to types of clientele a restaurateur can attract, that it all depends on what kind of table you prepare for supper.

Our policies of separation of families could set the morality table for possible Josef Mengele thoughts in a doctor's moral compass. I don't understand what the sexual attraction would be for the doctor to perform  unneeded hysterectomies on the migrant women.

But having had to deal with people with serious bigoted attitudes earlier in my life, I totally understand the demented and dysfunctional rationalizations some people would make to justify such mutilating behavior on others. So are you saying mutilation is strictly a sexual abusive thing???.

I have known a couple of people that would say that it's just one less migrant that will show up at the border later on. But I don't get connecting demented  sexual stimulation to a unneeded hysterectomy. Does the sexual dysfunction of wanting to perform unneeded hysterectomies have an official diagnostic name?