Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

This is utterly terrifying   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Sep-20 by MerlinsDad; 4484 views.
kizmet1

Sep-21

That wasn't my post.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-21

I know, I was agreeing with you.

YWN666

Sep-25

Real history is not scary but Trump history certainly is.

In reply toRe: msg 8
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-25

What happens when what he says is actually true?  

YWN666

Sep-25

I'll let you know when it happens.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-25

Much of what I’ve heard him say, and I admit, it’s not a lot, has been the same history I learned in school.  I know a woman who is a historian. She ended up going into a different field and decided to get back into teaching, so she contacted a local university and asked if she could audit an American history class. It was her specialty.  They said yes. She said the first day, the prof gave an example that was incorrect, so she politely explained the facts as she had learned them in college.  This happened over and over again. After a few weeks, the professor kicked her out of the class, so she complained to the university about their professor who was teaching incorrect facts.  They told her she was no longer welcome on campus and stood behind their ignorant prof.  They also said the history she learned 20 years ago was wrong. Really? Now THAT is scary. She went to one of the most elite schools in the country. This was not an elite school at all.

• Edited September 25, 2020 4:48 pm  by  Showtalk
kizmet1

Sep-25

That is very interesting. I am getting tired of slanted history and facts as the BLM march all over the place.
The latest is that a big housing complex in one area was built to keep blacks who were working in the WW2 shipyards apart from whites. Well, many of the workers who came were black and needed decent housing in a hurry. There was no raw land close to the shipyards. Kaiser was a thoughtful boss and did a lot more than others would have done. My mother worked in one but she had parents to live with. Years later people of all races lived there. So much for factual research.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-25

CNN wrote a story on something I have personal knowledge of. Not only did they not do their research but they fabricated a ridiculous alternative reality.  I realized then how easy it is to sway minds by writing untruths.

• Edited September 26, 2020 3:38 pm  by  Showtalk
kizmet1

Sep-25

Excellent reason to check out more than CNN as a resource.