Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Will get you a Covid-19 vaccine if it’s mandatory?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Sep-23 by Showtalk; 718 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Sep-23

Will get you a Covid-19 vaccine if it's mandatory?
  • Yes, I will get one as soon as it is available1  vote
    5%
  • Yes, I want one whether it's mandatory or not5  votes
    29%
  • Yes, but not for 6-12 months4  votes
    23%
  • Eventually, even if I have to pay a fine for postponing1  vote
    5%
  • No, I will not4  votes
    23%
  • Other2  votes
    11%
Yes, I will get one as soon as it is available 
Yes, I want one whether it's mandatory or not 
Yes, but not for 6-12 months 
Eventually, even if I have to pay a fine for postponing 
No, I will not 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-23

The Virginia health commissioner said the vaccine will be mandatory but the governor has denied it.  States may not make it mandatory for everyone, but it’s possible school children could be required to get one. This is considered normative for illnesses like DPT, but those vaccines have been around a long time. Most states allow exemptions, although California rescinded that and now very few are exempt.

Alfi (THIALFI)

Sep-24

Other. I doubt it's constitutional to FORCE people to be vaccinated. It clearly is legal to refuse entry to school if a child isn't vaccinated, but that can be ignored by those who home-school.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-24

I’ve read conflicting theories. It can’t be forced, but they can levy fines against people who refuse to get a vaccination.

Alfi (THIALFI)

Sep-24

That remains to be seen. If that does happen, we're living in a police state.

kizmet1

Sep-24

I am in no rush to get one. In just a week or so the mfgrs have gone from a 2 dose shot to a one dose one. Are they rushing to be first for the possible money involved or to help people? I have a lot of chemical allergies created from an abundance of prescription antibiotics and steroids. Will it be possible for me to react in a bad way with an injection? Drs don't think about things like that.
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-24

We might be and don’t realize it yet.  I am guessing some will be required, like hospital employees.  In which case they would have to quit their jobs to avoid it.  A nurse friend said her facility will require it.

Alfi (THIALFI)

Sep-24

An employer requiring it is VERY different than any government requiring it.

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-24

Yes, that is true.

Marci (marcinmin)

Oct-4

I just can't imagine a vaccine will be mandatory - unfortunately, the mixed messaging and COVID downplaying plus pushing the science has already caused people to lose confidence in the vaccines. Just let the medical people do their jobs and when it is ready and safe, move forward and not before