Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

True or False?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Sep-26 by MerlinsDad; 98 views.
MerlinsDad

Sep-26

Although this news item is a couple of days old, it still bothers me.  McConnell, one of Trump's chief enablers, is promising an "orderly transfer of power," despite Trump's assurances that he will cast so much doubt on the election and the voting process that there won't be.  Which is true, which false?  Why would the enabler-in-chief contradict Trump?  It worries me because it sounds so hollow.  McConnell's credibility is in the swamp with Trump's.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell, who rarely weighs in on comments made by President Trump, tweeted this morning: “There will be an orderly transition” and “the winner of the November 3rd election will be inaugurated on January 20th.”

McConnell's tweet comes after the President would not commit to a peaceful transfer of power last night during a news conference.The winner of the November 3rd election will be inaugurated on January 20th. There will be an orderly transition just as there has been every four years since 1792.  News item  https://www.cnn.com/politics/live-news/us-election-news-09-24-20/h_41287c49ee0e6dfcd236d6e1cf746a7f

On the other hand, Trump's constant efforts to undermine the integrity of the election deeply concerns me ""(G)et rid of the ballots and you'll have a very ... there won't be a transfer, frankly.  There'll be a continuation," he added, saying "the ballots are out of control." https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/23/politics/trump-election-day-peaceful-transition/index.html

Trump is doing everything he can to call the results into doubt before the election in hopes that his freshly packed Supreme Court will rule on his behalf.

Republicans on Capitol Hill dismissed the notion that a peaceful transition won't occur, but several embraced the idea that the courts would have to decide the election -- an implicit suggestion that a dispute will arise questioning the results. Senate Judiciary Chairman Lindsey Graham, who is facing his own reelection fight while shepherding Trump's Supreme Court nominee, said he would accept the election results from "the court's decision."

"We will accept the court's decision, Republican and Democrat, I promise you as a Republican if the Supreme Court rules in favor of Joe Biden, I will accept that result," Graham said in a "Fox and Friends" interview. "No matter who challenges the results to have election, eventually the Supreme Court is likely to hear that challenge and when they rule, that is -- that is the end of it."

https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/24/politics/trump-election-integrity-2020-count/index.html

As a citizen, I really hate what Trump and the Republicans are doing to our election.  These are the acts of a man aspiring to be dictator.  Why, oh why, are they willing to support him in this assault?  I don't trust any of them, including McConnell's statement above.  I think he will be as instrumental into pushing the election to the packed Supreme Court as any of the others.  Of course, the Republicans are doing all the can to discourage voting because they are implying that their Supreme Court will make the decision, not the voters. 

I can't help but wonder if Trump is expecting his MAGA warriors will harass the polling places so much that we can't have a fair election, or if he's expected riots on his behalf when the results show that he's probably not going to win, or both?  

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-26

This is a repeat of the same subject you broached in another discussion. How difficult is it to follow the new guidelines for this forum? Repetition is boring and people are not reacting. This is old news.