Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is your state showing a downward trend in new Covid_19 cases?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Sep-28 by MerlinsDad; 1990 views.
MerlinsDad

Poll Question From MerlinsDad

Sep-28

Is your state showing a downward trend in new Covid_19 cases?
  • Yes5  votes
    41%
  • No2  votes
    16%
  • I'm not sure2  votes
    16%
  • Other3  votes
    25%
Yes 
No 
I'm not sure 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
MerlinsDad

Sep-28

News item:
https://www.cnn.com/2020/09/28/health/us-coronavirus-monday/index.html?utm_term=1601345047137a9ddbdd95b07&utm_source=What+Matters+for+September+28%2C+2020&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=247104_1601345047139&bt_ee=irwYtU9QkZxHyVfwF%2B2l%2B7L%2BtJohvgeu2KsDRwL%2Br%2B8BskFm%2FHt4%2FPYYRhhhRDdT&bt_ts=1601345047139

In the US, Covid-19 cases continue to climb, with 21 states reporting more new cases this past week compared to the previous week, according to data from Johns Hopkins.

Only 10 states are showing downward trends in new cases -- Arizona, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee, Virginia, Connecticut, Vermont, New Hampshire, Delaware and Maryland -- and 19 states are holding steady.
"We're seeing more than a dozen states with a test positivity  over 10%. And there are two states -- Idaho and South Dakota -- where the test positivity is over 20%," [emergency medicine physician Dr. Leana] Wen said.

"That means that not only do we have increasing infections in these states, we also don't have nearly enough testing."
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-28

Ask yourself why they are so invested in keeping the Covid hysteria going.  Cases are not anywhere near what they were, we will have a vaccine very soon and like it or not Trump has been successful in dealing with this health situation.  

MerlinsDad

Sep-29

I should think that a person would be interested enough to check if his or her state is one of those 21 showing increases, one of the 10 showing decreases, or one of the 19 holding steady.

Covid_19 is not dead, and perhaps not even under control in a number of states, and we're months away from a vaccine.  Once a vaccine has been declared safe, it will take months to distribute and inoculate even a significant portion of the population of the United States.  I hope we can continue to get updated reports on the state of the virus nationwide.

No doubt you're aware that as of 1:23 p.m. EDT on September 29, 2020, Covid_19 had accounted for 205,476 deaths in the US., 20.44% of the deaths in the world?   https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

Showtalk
Staff

Sep-29

States that had a big first wave are mainly in decline now. Every health professional I’ve read lately except maybe Fauci, says we are on the downside now.  We were never promised NO cases, we were promised hospitals would not be overloaded. They are not. You seem to forget that.

kizmet1

Sep-29

Oregon's never got as high as most other places did. I blame it on cooler weather than other places and all the places popular for young to mingle with strangers were closed, ie beaches and parks.
We have been seeing rates go up since Labor Day weekend which had nice weather and many ocean, lake and river beaches were open. Coincidence? Perhaps but our rates seem to match our weather.
  • Edited September 29, 2020 6:29 pm  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-29

Faucet has a crediblity problem or at the very least, a memory problem.

kizmet1

Sep-29

He keeps changing his opinions, over and over and over.
Be 80 in December.
  • Edited September 29, 2020 6:37 pm  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Staff

Sep-29

He could retire and let someone else take over.

kizmet1

Sep-29

He could but I think he likes the attentiin he gets and the opportunitie$ available in patents