Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you finding new product shortages Fall 2020?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Sep-30 by Showtalk; 3761 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-1

Yes you were lucky.

There's plenty of stuff. Beef is horribly expensive compared to the year 1 B.P. (Before Pandemic). Pork was much, much cheaper, so that's what we switched to months ago. I'll let the "affluenza" people who are also finicky eaters keep buying beef.

Surprisingly, some seafood is cheaper than before, too. I got 3 pounds of jumbo shrimp for about $15. But we mostly eat more chicken and pork these days.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-15

I have enough meat that I don’t have to buy any for a while. I’m also eating more seafood.  I could not find canned tomatoes, but the third market had a huge selection so I got some there.  I could not find soy milk until store #3 either. I bought the last one.  I should start with store #3 first, except they run out of other things I can only get at store #1 and stores #1 and #2 are closer.  This week was the first time since early March that I went shopping or on errands every day of the week.  

I often don't leave the property for a full 4 or 5 days at a time.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-16

I can do that too, unless I take a walk.

I try to walk the 3/4 mile each way to the mailboxes at least twice to 3x a week now that it's not 115 degrees in the day. Soon I'll be doing that in the late afternoons before temperatures plunge below freezing at night.

Normally by October 15th we have an overnight low with frost on elevated metal surfaces even though it did not drop below freezing in dry air, but I have yet to see or feel that kind of real chill yet.

It was actually pretty warm standing in line to vote this afternoon.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-16

We are having a heat wave too.

and tonight it got cold enough I needed to put on a jacket.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-17

Our weather is strange, too. Hot all day, cooler at night but still warm.

It's 27 degrees C outside right this moment so just a tad above room temperature. Perfect weather to finish some outdoor stuff.