Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you finding new product shortages Fall 2020?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Sep-30 by Showtalk; 3407 views.

It was copy and pasted straight from the Drudge Report.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-20

Drudge was sold to a new secret owner.

I wonder who

The layout is still pretty clean and loads fast on a slow connection.

Maybe you need NoScript on Firefox to filter out the nag screens on WSJ? I was able to open the link on another computer entirely using the phone as a hotspot to try it with a totally different network as well as public IP address, completely different MAC address.

And that was by copy / pasting from a text file of the URL lifted from this thread. Had no trouble opening it there.

It might be that an unwanted script is running. Also AdBlock Plus and UBlock Origin stop a whole lot of that junk cold in its tracks.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-21

I don’t think it’s my end, I’ve always been able to read articles if I do my own search. There is something about a link coming from a website vs Google or other search that it detects and which sets up the firewall.

Maybe directly open a new browser tab, also open an instance of Notepad, and then copy / paste the link into Notepad to strip away any hidden metadata.

And then copy from Notepad back to the clipboard - this gives you text only.

Finally paste that into the new browser tab to directly go to the link as if you had typed it manually in from a piece of paper.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-21

I will try it and see if that is the issue.  I think it’s more simple in that it can tell whether a person is coming from Google vs another site.

kizmet1

Nov-3

I am at the store. One shelf is half ful of diet Big K cola 2L while another has about a dozen or sp diet lemon lime 2L. A 3rd shelf has about 3 diet root beer. No Big K cans. No shortage of Pepsi and coke. I see other new brands on the shelves.
Store has sale on Big K for .77. Other brands are 3/$5. Wonder how many I can get into my cart and still buy food?
I wonder if Seattle's tax on suger drinks is sending all the diet North?
Showtalk
Staff

Nov-3

That could be. Are they taxing diet soda too?

kizmet1

Nov-3

I don't know.
Showtalk
Staff

Nov-3

Did you get what you needed?