Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Have you ever seen a spacecraft launched?   The Real You: Personality Poll

Started Oct-2 by Showtalk; 1096 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Oct-2

Have you ever seen a spacecraft launched?
  • Yes, I've been to a launch at the Cape1  vote
    5%
  • Yes, I've been to a launch at Vandenberg0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, I've seen a live stream of a launch2  votes
    11%
  • Yes, I've watched one on TV11  votes
    61%
  • No3  votes
    16%
  • Other1  vote
    5%
Yes, I've been to a launch at the Cape 
Yes, I've been to a launch at Vandenberg 
Yes, I've seen a live stream of a launch 
Yes, I've watched one on TV 
No 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-2

marbur220

Oct-2

I live close enough to Daytona to be able to watch the close ups on live stream and the fire trail from the beach when the launch is after dark.  Too crowded around the Cape and too expensive if you want to get close enough to actually make it worth the drive.

Stay well...

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-3

That’s very exciting.  I heard the live stream is usually lagged from the actual launch.  I saw one that aborted only a few seconds before lift off.  I bet it’s very crowded when you get close to the site, or as close as you are allowed.

Saw oen miles away and lots on TV, Nada up close though.

About 1,500 miles away to either place. As a kid I wished I could have attended an Apollo launch. By the time of the Shuttle, I didn't have the leisure time or money to travel that far and of course like Apollo, those could be watched on TV.

These days, of course, travel is probably a thing of the past.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-15

You’d be surprised. I know one person who goes away every weekend and a friend is using a time share right now. It’s sad,though,her husband has cancer so they need to isolate.  The place they are staying has pool slot reservations. They made one, showed up and it was packed with people who got in early and would not leave. So they are sitting in their room, bored, and hot. The temperature outside is 107.  I think her home temp is about 20 degrees cooler. They could have stayed home for all they are able to do.  

Wow. That really sucks.

I hear radio commercials for Time Share Exit Team all the time. I wouldn't touch one of those with a ten meter cattle prod.

But then I've never in my life been affluent enough (actually or perceived) to spend money to go to a resort. I've always figured, there's plenty of things to see and do near home, or places all you need is a hammock (with mosquito netting) or a tent and sleeping bag to enjoy for very cheap.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-16

I’ve heard those exit commercial services are not that great. I should look into it.