Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Are you getting routine medical care?   The Healthy You: Health and Fitness Polls

Started Oct-4 by Showtalk; 1798 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Oct-4

Are you getting routine medical care?
  • Yes, I'm getting routine exams and testing5  votes
    33%
  • Only when it's necessary, otherwise I've put it off6  votes
    40%
  • Only emergency care0  votes
    0%
  • I haven't needed any, but I would if I had to0  votes
    0%
  • No, I'm avoiding doctor visits as it's too much of a risk2  votes
    13%
  • I don't use doctors1  vote
    6%
  • Other1  vote
    6%
Yes, I'm getting routine exams and testing 
Only when it's necessary, otherwise I've put it off 
Only emergency care 
I haven't needed any, but I would if I had to 
No, I'm avoiding doctor visits as it's too much of a risk 
I don't use doctors 
Other 
Marci (marcinmin)

Oct-4

I've put off some of this during COVID but have had a couple virtual appointments and one in person one. We couldn't get in person exams, procedures for a while due to COVID risks and priorities

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-4

I’ve had to go to appointments as my doctor insisted. They have a healthy caution toward the virus but said out of thousands of patients, they have not yet had one active case in their office.  Someone I know who is very afraid of the virus said healthcare providers are probably the cleanest places you can go now as they already maintain good sanitation standards.

kizmet1

Oct-4

I rarely get sick but it would have to be life or death before I took a prescription drug. I am allergic to pain pills so there isn't much left that I might benefit from.
kizmet1

Oct-4

A relative in Miami works in a dental office as a technician.. From her description she looks like she is ready to perform major surgery all day long. Cleans treatment room and chair after each patient.Dresses in disposable scrubs and changes those, too.
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-4

What about exams, blood tests, dental work?

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-4

My dentist does that too.  They have state of the set equipment, air ionizers, testing equipment right in their office.

kizmet1

Oct-5

I am not happy with the unhealthy side effects of drugs given to me for an eye infection for 17 months many, many years ago. They gave me serious and difficult problems hard to get rid of, not to mention ruined my vision. I have found that drs are not well educated in the side effects of drugs and I cannot trust any. My only health problems are orthopedic and being without a car make them impossible to go away even if I saw a DC. I have never had cholesterol or bp trouble so I am not worried.
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-5

Not everything is treated with medication, though. But I understand your position.

kizmet1

Oct-5

Drs go to medical school to learn about medicine and surgery, not how to get well without them. If you say you are allergic to many, as I am, they try to use psychology to get you to use them. That is why my mother died young as the ambulance was knocking on the door after 7 calls were made to drs for help.