Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is the lockdown a form of child abuse?   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Oct-8 by Showtalk; 1090 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Oct-8

Is the lockdown a form of child abuse?
  • Yes, it can hide abuse and depression0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, isolation from other children and activities is abusive0  votes
    0%
  • Both 1 and 26  votes
    42%
  • No, it's necessary for the good of all and children need to get used to it3  votes
    21%
  • No, I think this is hysteria4  votes
    28%
  • 4 and 51  vote
    7%
  • I don't know0  votes
    0%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes, it can hide abuse and depression 
Yes, isolation from other children and activities is abusive 
Both 1 and 2 
No, it's necessary for the good of all and children need to get used to it 
No, I think this is hysteria 
4 and 5 
I don't know 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-8

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-8

All articles are UK based. Why isn’t the U.S. concerned about mental health of children?

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-8

kizmet1

Oct-8

Heck no.
I was barely 7 when I got the worst form of measles. My mother had to work and she took a bus so she was gone a long time. She hired a hs girl with a short day to visit me when she got home. Worst of all, I was not allowed to watch tv. It was considered bad for the eyes. So was reading. I had a radio and a few phone calls from relatives. That was it. Every now and then my mother would weaken and buy me a comic book.
Kids are living in the lap of luxury these days.
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-8

Interesting, thank you. I’m in contact with some parents who said this is the worst thing their children have ever gone through.   You were self sufficient and could entertain yourself. You were used to being around adults.  I’m not sure it’s about luxury so much a temperament.

kizmet1

Oct-8

Temperment and being very obedient at 7. The last few days my grandparents rescued me and brought good food. I was not allowed to use the stove as it was an old fashioned gas one that worried my mother. Kids have it made with microwaves now.
  • Edited October 8, 2020 5:56 pm  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-8

It’s true, microwaves have made cooking much easier, or reheating.

Meriana

Oct-10

I had measles too, had to stay in bed, but at least I had my paper dolls to play with.  Made me mad when after I was well, mom burned ALL my paper dolls. Yeah I got more, but well they were my favorite ones.

I can see where people would think of these lock downs as being a form of child abuse since according to the child raising experts, one should not discipline their children either, punishment is abuse.   All correction must be positive.  It's getting to where the parents don't run the household, the children do.

kizmet1

Oct-10

Oh, I sure can sympathize with you having your paper dolls burned. I had a big yellow rabbit with purple checked feet. It was almost 2 feet tall. The Easter Bunny gave it to me. I heard about it having to be burned and cried and cried. I still have it. :)