Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Bet Your Area Doesn't Have These?   The Newsy You: News of Today

Started Oct-13 by kizmet1; 1708 views.
kizmet1

Oct-13

People in Portland went outside to discover red outhouse style portapotties on corners in very residental neighborhoods. Not the high end areas but more modest ones with 2-3 BRs and 1-2 bathrooms. Maybe 1,000 sq ft.
Curious Why? How? It seems the city decided to help the homeless by putting portapotties in low cost areas to make their travels thru residental areas easier. So far, the residents have not seen any homeless in their area, ever. Does the city know something the homeowners do not?
In the meantime, the city has another tax measure measure on the tri county ballot to build or rebuild anything and everything having to do with transportation but nothing about homeless.
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-13

They are in residential neighborhoods?  Why? What if the area doesn't want them and doesn’t need them?

Alfi (THIALFI)

Oct-13

Portrait of a dying city.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-13

You don’t like red outhouses?

kizmet1

Oct-13

I don't know. At least 4 miles from.heart of downtown. Very low income area full of retired people. U wirry about the potties attracting homeless. Homeless are a huge, growing problem all over the tri county areas.
kizmet1

Oct-13

They will.probably.end up with grafitti.
Alfi (THIALFI)

Oct-14

I don't like ANY put up in a residential area by a government entity.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-14

I don’t either.  

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-14

So then they will be considered artwork.

kizmet1

Oct-14

Just planted this week. I used to know people in the area. Very small houses from WW1 era when people wanted something to call their own and grow their own food.I wonder if city wants to tear them down and build new condos? That is the plan they are aiming for on the west side if town.