Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Is social media dangerous?   The Online You: Internet Life

Started Oct-14 by Showtalk; 882 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Oct-14

Is social media dangerous?
  • Yes4  votes
    30%
  • No0  votes
    0%
  • Maybe0  votes
    0%
  • It depends how we use it9  votes
    69%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes 
No 
Maybe 
It depends how we use it 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-14

This person is promoting a book and a business, so there may be some personal gain involved. He was an executive at Facebook and has turned against it.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-14

The White House secretary was locked out of her own Twitter account because they didn’t like a story she linked to about Joe and Hunter

kizmet1

Oct-15

Delphi is the only social media I use. Never FB! It's spam wore itself out on my computer before I ever joined.
Just heard about one called "Q" that is spreading ideas around, one being that JFK Jr is secretly alive and running it.
Showtalk said:

He was an executive at Facebook and has turned against it.

Kind of like the occasional defector from the 3rd Reich because where things were headed went against their moral fiber to the point that they had to do something, even if it made him a marked man with a price on his head. Or defectors from the USSR a generation later.

The enemy must be defeated. Way too much power and wealth concentrated in far too few hands.

Facebook has far too many characteristics of a Mexican drug cartel for comfort. Their product is alluring and addictive and it destroys lives. And the cartel that supplies it is utterly ruthless in the pursuit of its continuity.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-15

I prefer Delphi.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-15

It started out as a fun hangout for teenagers.  It morphed into a behemoth.

Maybe what is needed is the kind of coded messaging that was used by the French Resistance.

Everyone tweet "John has a long mustache" when it's time to bring the platform to its knees. (google the phrase)

Showtalk said:

It started out as a fun hangout for teenagers. It morphed into a behemoth.

Kind of how certain failed artist and former army corporal in the 1920s started out with a small radical following, gained a following in a beer hall rebellion, springboarded to terrifying power in 1933 in the wake of hyperinflation. And then enjoyed a reign of terror through 1945.

It will take decades for society to recover from the damages wreaked by these kind of powerful platforms. Maybe someday the leaders and henchmen will stand trial at Nuremburg or an equivalent.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-15

D Day Battle of Normandy