Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Tried EcosiaYet?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Oct-21 by kizmet1; 704 views.
kizmet1

Oct-21

Do you like or hate Ecosia? In case you don't know, it is what and where google used to be.
I definitely HATE ECOSIA. I wanted to find out how far between two stores. I had asked the question before. I used store names and zip codes. Instead of telling me the answer it led me all over the tri county area to tell me of different branches of the store I was looking at. Never did find out the distance between the two stores. I feel it is a search engine just to advertise stores to attract us to.
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-21

You somehow downloaded their app or replaced your default search engine with that.  I’d never heard of it before. It apparently tracks your data like Google does, and sell it to plant trees somewhere. Only it takes thousands of searches, maybe millions, to plant trees.  You can set a different default search engine, some people use DuckDuckGo because it doesn’t track your searches.

• Edited October 21, 2020 9:39 am  by  Showtalk
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-21

I looked it up and you can only use Google, Bing or Yahoo.  Bing has become Ecosia.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-21

kizmet1

Oct-21

So, I click on thepage you posted and it will get me back to google?
I just signed in the other day and there it was. I have never shopped on internet so I don't know how I picked it up
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-21

I would have to read the instructions. I will later, just dropping in for a minute now to check posts.

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-21

Try this, right off their page.

Set your default search engine

1. On your Android phone or tablet, open the Chrome app Chrome.
  2. To the right of the address bar, tap More More and then Settings.
  3. Under "Basics," tap Search engine.
  4. Select the search engine you want to use.
kizmet1

Oct-21

LOL. Just signed on to tell you I figured out how to do it all by myself, lol.
Ecosxx sure hid the directions deep on their web page. I followed the directions under the 3 dots and put it to it's grave. Lot of nerve stealing my search engine from me.
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-21

Good job!