Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Have Your Political Opinions Changed ...   Knock Knock - Off Topic

Started Oct-22 by kizmet1; 1383 views.
kizmet1

Poll Question From kizmet1

Oct-22

Have Your Political Opinions Changed Much Since Your 20's?
  • No, I vote the same party8  votes
    38%
  • Yes, I changed parties7  votes
    33%
  • I have never registered in a party5  votes
    23%
  • I support my original choice of party0  votes
    0%
  • Other. Please explain1  vote
    4%
No, I vote the same party 
Yes, I changed parties 
I have never registered in a party 
I support my original choice of party 
Other. Please explain 

I have shifted slowly on some issues with increased life experiences.

For example, now I often split tickets in general elections, but also try to always vote in the primaries to try and tamp down radicals so they don't  end up on the ballot in the general election and present people with a Faustian choice.

kizmet1

Oct-22

Do you think most people use the primaries the same way?

I suspect that sometimes, due to the traditionally low turnout in the primaries, that sometimes opposing party supporters will vote in the other primary specifically to put a weak candidate on the ballot that they can better defeat in the general election.

For example, in 2008, I know people who voted in the Democrat primary specifically to stop Hillary from getting the nomination, assuming that Obama didn't have much of a chance of winning. Everyone around here was terrified of the possible of a President Hillary Clinton.

That's why a lot of people in 2016, facing their worst nightmare, held their nose and voted for Trump - not because they really supported Trump, but because they saw Hillary as far worse. Some people were making comparisons of having to choose between Calligula and Nero. or Hitler and Stalin.

kizmet1

Oct-22

Wonder how they felt when certain things they agreed with got better under Trump?

I'm sure that shifted, too. Coronavirus pandemic economic damage seems to be worse in the deep blue cities and states than in the red states where there have been more infections per capita.

kizmet1

Oct-22

Well, it well be interesting to see if it makes a difference next week.
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-23

Deep blue states shut down almost completely and their economies are spiraling down.  Trump was right when he singled out blue states in the debate, but Biden said, we are all one country.  I think he missed the point.  But the economies are very bad due to the extreme shutdowns. 

Showtalk
Staff

Oct-23

A little more than a week.