Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Have Your Political Opinions Changed ...   Knock Knock - Off Topic

Started 10/22/20 by kizmet1; 2063 views.
Showtalk said:

They have big Tuesday updates. For someone who claims to not be social, you have a lot of helpful friends

Well, maybe I am more picky / choosing. Or maybe birds of a feather flock together.

Showtalk
Host

10/30/20

Yes, friends who are into the same things you are.

Yeah. A bunch of us were together this past weekend, and hoping no one had unknowingly picked up an invisibly tiny unwanted "guest" reproducing frantically inside them, and it dawned on me that there were 7 people all with Extra class amateur radio licenses in the room at the same time.

And I knew everyone's call letters, everyone had experimented with digital communication modes over the air, and have some inter-linked equipment through internet tunnels to cast a wide radio net over a good portion of west Texas and New Mexico.

Operating repeaters and robotic radio infrastructure turns out to be a lot of work to keep it all functional.

So there's a growing collection of remote sites that several know the combination on the gate and door locks to, so when something goes on the fritz, whoever is closest and can get time off to troubleshoot is the one who goes and opens the little building and either fixes it or does damage assessment as to what parts need to be ordered or built to fix the thing.

Showtalk
Host

10/31/20

Brilliant minds, all thinking alike.

Yeah. I'm probably going to be making one more run to New Mexico and back, probably Monday because someone usually is running way behind schedule.

Showtalk
Host

11/1/20

There is always one in every group who is chronically late.

Meriana

11/18/20

yes, a bit but then as one gets older ones opinions often change. Currently I'm pretty disgusted with both the Republican, and Democrat parties.  Too bad there isn't a viable 3rd party.

Showtalk
Host

11/18/20

Many people are in the same place you are.  I agree, my opinions have changed a lot, about many things.  In general, once politicians get into power, they often move toward the DC mentality, which is about getting re-elected more than about the average voter. This year our house representative didn’t send out one campaign brochure. The person didn’t even care that much and had no viable opposition.

kizmet1

11/18/20

I totally agree with you. I am proud of myself to be grown up enough that I can vote for a person by his or her opinions and goals rather than race, religion, party, sex or any of the other reasons used at election time.
Meriana

11/18/20

"In general, once politicians get into power, they often move toward the DC mentality, which is about getting re-elected more than about the average voter."

So true, and a very good reason why there should be term limits for Congressional people.  That hasn't much chance of happening though since voting for term limits means that many of those in Congress would be voting to end their own employment.  

The other reason why term limits may not be something a lot of people would support is the idea of some that we need younger people in Congress, and those younger people that have been elected to Congress are activists interested in promoting their own agenda which, while perhaps good for a relatively small group is not necessarily good for the nation as a whole.