Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

How Many Entertainment Appliances On ...   Knock Knock - Off Topic

Started Oct-22 by kizmet1; 912 views.
kizmet1

Poll Question From kizmet1

Oct-22

How Many Entertainment Appliances On Your Remotes?
  • One that it came with6  votes
    66%
  • Two. Describe3  votes
    33%
  • Three. Describe0  votes
    0%
  • Four. Describe0  votes
    0%
  • Five. Describe0  votes
    0%
  • Six or more I. Describe. All in same room?0  votes
    0%
One that it came with 
Two. Describe 
Three. Describe 
Four. Describe 
Five. Describe 
Six or more I. Describe. All in same room? 
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-22

I’m not sure. I have a computer and a TV and a phone.

kizmet1

Oct-22

A tv. Cable to tv? TV recorder? Radio? Stereo?
You have a remote contol on a computer?
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-23

Just a tv as far as I know. I don’t use a lot of devices.

kizmet1

Oct-23

I ask because my br tv is on it's last legs and I am trying to program a new remote for another of the same brand that will not go on by hand. Not sure why. Someone gave it to me and I got it going without a remote but a power outage turned it off. I cannot make it go on without a remote. I have to program a new remote with the failing tv to make the unused one go on. Complicated? Yes. Something to do with it being hooked up to cable by previous owner. Went through this when I first got the tv.
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-23

They sell inexpensive universal remotes which should work relatively simply.

kizmet1

Oct-23

They do. Programming them is the problem if one doen't have a Smart tv. Most don't do much more than turn off and on and mute. I found out the hard way that I need an older control for one tv to go on. Then, once I get it turned on I can program a newer remote with.more functions. It is a strange tv and will not turn on by button unless it was turned off that way. I used another older tv that is same brand to program the remote. Not sure why newer tv is like that. It was on dish too long?
  • Edited October 23, 2020 7:32 pm  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-23

I don’t know. I’m not familiar with it.

kizmet1

Oct-23

One lives and learns. I started learning in 4th grade when I had to ride my little bike to store and test tv tubes,buy replacement tube, go home and my.mother would put it in. A close family friend was our repairman but he got a gov't job and told us what to do.while he was gone.
Showtalk
Staff

Oct-23

No TV tubes now.