Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do You Approve Of Labradoodle Breeding?   Knock Knock - Off Topic

Started Oct-27 by kizmet1; 5591 views.
Showtalk
Staff

Nov-2

You would be well prepared.

Showtalk
Staff

Nov-2

It’s a bad situation. When large airports take over a community, they often remove houses in their path by eminent domain.

kizmet1

Nov-2

The airport is between the Columbia R and what used to be used mostly by farmers living in the area. It was prime farm land. A lot of kids and hard up people worked in the fields. Mexicans showed up in the spring, got rich working into the fall and went home and lived like royalty for the winter. Then someone decided to expand the airport by confiscating all the farm land and putting Mexicans and kids out of work. Those jets leave a lot of noise and pollution when flying over. Got so bad it was hard to hear tv with the windows open.
When I first bought the land I have now my.mother and I planted a garden and worked all day. When getting home we both noticed how our hair still felt clean instead of oily.
  • Edited November 2, 2020 2:59 pm  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Staff

Nov-2

Airports pollute. Can you imagine working outside at one all day?

kizmet1

Nov-2

No, I cannot. Just when I worked in my yard over there was horrible, especially on the front yard by all the traffic going by.
Showtalk
Staff

Nov-2

It’s good you were able to move and not stuck there.

kizmet1

Nov-2

Yes. It was my goal from the day I moved in.

It would be interesting to see what the exact composition of the stuff was. Probably don't have any hair specimens from that era preserved in airtight containers for analysis some day.

Probably many of those planes might sit there for years, and some would be eventually scrapped out.

Someone said they see a lot of exotic homes built from the fuselages after all the valuable and re-usable avionics and other fixtures have been removed.

kizmet1

Nov-3

Someone got a huge airplane, flew it to Oregon and uses it as a B&B.