Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Cstar1

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Make Rocketman A TV Star.   Knock Knock - Off Topic

Started Nov-1 by kizmet1; 3651 views.

The odds of actually hitting it big are probably a lot less than being struck by lightning, about like winning the lottery. I have learned to not make that kind of gamble, particularly when it involves a jaw dropping commitment of time and energy that may never pay off. It seems like using a gambling marker to keep playing through a long losing streak.

I saw it back in the old days when I had a working antenna setup and actually had nothing else to do. It kind of struck me as a bunch of young folks without anything else to do for several weeks.

Of course with the pandemic and so much international travel not happening, I'd be very surprised if they are even doing another season. I figured that show had expired years ago.

kizmet1

Nov-5

Show is doing well, very well. Can't you get an antenna at a second hand store and rewire it? WM has dinky ones.
You have a chance to be a tv star, travel for free and make money, all at the same time.
Showtalk and I will screen your possible partners. You will have to keep a journal of your travels.

I have 3 really high gain antennas already. It's just that they have been sitting on the ground since I had to remove them to make room on the tower for the microwave dish to get the internet working out here again.

I have to build a new antenna mount higher up the tower to attach the TV antennas, and then run conduit down to put the coaxial cable in, and install a weatherproof box near the top to combine the signals from all the antennas and house the preamplifiers just to get the digital signal out of the "cliff edge".

kizmet1

Nov-6

Is the digital signal the only one you have access too? I have both types but need to use a converter box on the older tv's
Showtalk
Staff

Nov-6

Yes it’s a lot of work for entertainment. Your projects are all done for practical reasons.

Showtalk
Staff

Nov-6

He does t seem interested. We will have to find another activity.

kizmet1

Nov-6

Sigh. He could have been a millionaire and get each member of his family new bowls and new pillows.
Showtalk
Staff

Nov-6

Yes. I think he’s happy just the way things are.

kizmet1

Nov-6

Too bad. His problem is that he doesn't know the money given away on that show.