Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Do you agree with decriminalizing drugs in Oregon?   The Real You: Personality Poll

Started Nov-4 by Showtalk; 1013 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Nov-4

Do you agree with decriminalizing drugs in Oregon?
  • Yes, marijuana5  votes
    20%
  • Yes, magic mushrooms0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, heroin, cocaine, meth and LSD1  vote
    4%
  • Yes, to 1 and 21  vote
    4%
  • Yes, to all of the above2  votes
    8%
  • No9  votes
    37%
  • I'm not sure5  votes
    20%
  • Other1  vote
    4%
Yes, marijuana 
Yes, magic mushrooms 
Yes, heroin, cocaine, meth and LSD 
Yes, to 1 and 2 
Yes, to all of the above 
No 
I'm not sure 
Other 
Showtalk
Host

Nov-4

I didn’t know about this until I saw a story online that referred to it.

In reply toRe: msg 2
Showtalk
Host

Nov-4

Oregon becomes the first state to decriminalize hard drugs like cocaine and heroin

The Oregon drug initiative will allow people arrested with small amounts of hard drugs to avoid going to trial, and possible jail time.

kizmet1

Nov-4

I doubt I will ever be brave enough to get on public busses again. I have come across men on "something" at my suburban bus stops and transit centers. Both acted really weird while waiting at different stops and after we got on the bus.
One kept pounding the seat next to him. The other kept howling while sitting in the street putting goop on his hair and tugging on his retractable earing in the shape of a die. He was going for a job interview.
The other stormed off to the next stop and got on there. He immediately started putting his arm around the young, white female driver. She stayed calm. He went to the back and started poung his seat. He was very tall and looked like Obama.
Showtalk
Host

Nov-4

Sometimes people like that are harmless. But you don’t know so you have to stay safe.

kizmet1

Nov-4

That is exactly right.
kizmet1 said:

I have come across men on "something" at my suburban bus stops and transit centers. Both acted really weird while waiting at different stops and after we got on the bus. One kept pounding the seat next to him. The other kept howling while sitting in the street putting goop on his hair and tugging on his retractable earing in the shape of a die. He was going for a job interview.

Or he was off meds he was supposed to be on.

In the good old days, they institutionalized them. It gave them a stable environment to be able to function, and made sure they got their meds on time. Starting in the 1980s, they closed many of the psych institutions and former inmates just ended up on the streets to fend for themselves.

kizmet1

Nov-6

Here, it is called "mainstreaming" of patients being taken off one type of addictive drug and put on a non addictive drug with followups with counselors. I don't know what they are doing in the suburban areas I do my shopping in but it makes me nervous. I carry Lysol. Guess I can use that as a weapon if need be?
Showtalk
Host

Nov-6

ACLU and patient rights.  It was genuine concern but misguided.  The results have been deadly.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-6

No one should have to live on the streets.