Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Where Is The Diet Soda?   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Nov-5 by kizmet1; 3385 views.
kizmet1

Nov-5

Anyone notice that their favorite diet soda is hard to find in the stores? It has been especially hard to get the Fred Meyer/Kroger/ Big K diet drinks. It only comes in 2L bottles now. It is almost half the price of Pepsi and Coke.
Put the blame on China and problems resulting from the Coronavirus. All but one artificial sweetener comes from China. The one that does not is Splenda.
Aluminum for cans has also been in short supply. Before the virus started the manufacters were trying to cut back on plastic bottles.
Another problem.is that more people are staying at home and drinking diet drinks there.
If you have any diet soft drinks in your home, enjoy them while you can. They may off the market by the upcomming holidays.

Info gleaned from 6abc.com and abc10.com.

Showtalk
Host

Nov-5

Thank you. I was aware some brands are hard to find but not that we could have big shortages.

kizmet1

Nov-5

Just another thing we outsourced to China without realizing it.
Showtalk
Host

Nov-5

Someone realized it.

kizmet1

Nov-5

Yes, all the people who are staying home. Despite all the publicity and fanfare I would not go into a restsurant for a sitdown meal for anything. Take out is probably just as good and the furniture at home more comfortable.
Showtalk
Host

Nov-6

Even take out means waiting around other people. I stopped for takeout but it was too early. They began opening later due to Covid and I wasn’t going to sit for an hour.

kizmet1

Nov-6

Waiting an hour isn't woryth it when one can get frozen at the grocery store.
Showtalk
Host

Nov-6

Well, not everything can be bought frozen, but it was a good idea at the moment.

kizmet1

Nov-6

I guess so. Cannot remember last time I got take out. Maybe at Greek Festival?
Showtalk
Host

Nov-6

When was the Greek Festival?