Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should realtors use drones to film your home and property to sell another home?   The Real You: Personality Poll

Started 11/14/20 by Showtalk; 8452 views.
kizmet1 said:

Don't wires get in the way?

In Texas at least, if you collide with power wires with a drone, you're trespassing on the utility right of way, and if it shorts things out and causes an outage, if they can identify whose extra crispy drone flew into the wires, they'll send you the bill for the repairs.

Yeah. The bird sleeps in the tent with the nomads. Or the house if they aren't as nomadic. Or the yert.

If I was to get one, I want a big one that can carry a good camera to do things like inspect roofs and radio towers and things.

kizmet1

12/11/20

Wait until the cameras get smaller.
Showtalk
Host

12/12/20

I’ve read about trained falcons that could do something like that.

Showtalk
Host

12/12/20

But how would you know where to position the water to catch a drone? A drone that might never fly over it.

Showtalk
Host

12/12/20

You and Amazon delivery service.

I already have seen some affordable tiny cameras. Before long one can get incredibly sharp and clear pictures from drones small enough to be mistaken for insects.

Showtalk said:

But how would you know where to position the water to catch a drone? A drone that might never fly over it.l

With a fire hose though, you just set up something to detect and zero in on its radio signals, and then you aim it and open the nozzle.