Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Have you ever had an encounter with a Karen?   The Real You: Personality Poll

Started Dec-16 by Showtalk; 864 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Dec-16

Have you ever had an encounter with a Karen?
  • Yes, all the time!3  votes
    12%
  • Yes, sometimes4  votes
    16%
  • Yes, occasionally8  votes
    33%
  • No, never1  vote
    4%
  • What's a Karen?8  votes
    33%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes, all the time! 
Yes, sometimes 
Yes, occasionally 
No, never 
What's a Karen? 
Other 
In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Dec-16

I finally had a face to face with a Karen and it was not fun.  I was shopping and a woman, blonde, probably 40s, stopped and would not move.  So I moved slowly toward her. She start shouting at me to back up. When I explained I was just trying to shop and she was blocking the whole section, she was furious with me,  and said I needed to say excuse me to her in a pleasant way. I suggested she consider something other than rudeness, and she marched off.  It would have been much worse, but I left feeling very frustrated. I was over a full grocery cart away from her.

I mentioned it to the store and they apologized. They said they have to restock shelves during the work day around people like that who will not move and then get angry at anyone who must pass near them to shop or work.

• Edited December 16, 2020 10:46 pm  by  Showtalk
kizmet1

Dec-17

That is too bad. I feel like I have seen more nice people since we started shopping in masks than ever. I almost hate the idea of vaccines and having people forget their manners. We are all in.this together.
Showtalk
Host

Dec-17

Yes, I have noticed people are usually much kinder and friendly than they used to be.  

kizmet1

Dec-17

Guess you found the "one rotten apple"?
Showtalk
Host

Dec-18

She was horrible but thankfully it was brief. If she had followed me around the store I would have walked over to the manager and out an end to it. That store doesn’t tolerate customers harassing other shoppers. 

kizmet1

Dec-18

I've never come across anyone like that. was it a chain store or independent?
Showtalk
Host

Dec-18

It was a specialty market I like.

kizmet1

Dec-21

I think Karen was visiting here yesterday.
I was gathering fresh vegetables in the store yesterday when she showed up. I was next to her at broccoli and was waiting for her to finish picking out her carrots. They were long and skinny ones. I was horrified to see her put her whole hand in the pile of carrots and sort of swish them around. I was picking out broccoli by grabbing the plastic bag at the bottom and turning it inside out and sorting the size without touching anything by my bare hand. I thought we were supposed to.be cautious around not only people but everything we touched?
All my fresh vegetables will get a nice bath when they leave their bags, especially carrots.
Showtalk
Host

Dec-21

People don’t think of vegetables as the same thing as distancing or not touching. I haven’t seen vegetable Karens, but I saw a bread a Karen once a spot a discount table. It was a man. They had a stack of fresh baked bread in wrappers marked way down due to over baking after a holiday. I was going to buy one. The man was in front of me and he picked up and squeezed every loaf of bread. It was before Covid, but I still didn’t want one.  Who squeezes bread?