Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Showtalk
Host

Jan-24

We are so happy to hear you are out of the ICU again. Get well soon!

Thanks, but I’m still here in hospital.  Day 23.  The doc keeps telling me how I dodged the bullet of being put on the ventilator.  They had decided to do it n I broke down so they said we’ll wait till morning.  Next morning they said they were gonna hold off.  I started getting better(fighting (?) n that was the end of the ventilator talk.

However, I am doing better. They reduced my oxygen level two days ago n I have one more step to ho with that then a couple more days n I should be able to go home.

I wouldn’t wish this on my worst enemy i(if I have any).

Please take care.  Later...

Thanks Kismet, I did get your message in my room n appreciate it so much.

See my message to showtalk, I’m still n hospital but working toward getting out.

Take care my friend.

kizmet1

Jan-28

My mother was on a ventilator. She said it was the worst experience she ever had, moreso than the surgery itself. Congratulations on avoiding it.
Are you allowed food? How is it?
Showtalk
Host

Jan-28

Bless you we were all so worried!  I visited two of your favorite forums to keep up to date. I’m so happy to hear from you!!  I agree I’ve heard when it’s bad, it’s awful.  

Yes, I’ve been eating well.  The food service is pretty bad, takes too long to get it after your irder it, an hour sometimes more.actual food isn’t bad if it would be hot. I’ve enjoyed their grilled chicken breast I put barbecue sauce on it n it’s good.  I also have enjoyed their meatloaf.  It’s been good n I’ve eaten their broccolinin every day. I add hot lemon wedge to it.

I can say I’ve been very pleased with all of the Drs n most of the nurses here with their care.

Thanks Showtalk!

I am slowly getting better.  Dr said this morning that she’s going to go one level of oxygen down  to see if my body can handle that.  I know in my heart that I’m not quite ready to go home I can’t walk very far yet.  I’m working on it though.

Day number 24 here plus the several days in the other hospital. I can say I’m very pleased with all of my Drs n most nurses.  See my comments about food service that I wrote Kismet.

Take care I’ll be around as much as I can.

kizmet1

Jan-29

How are you sleeping? Are you in a big ward, a few or alon? I am glad you are eating ok. That is important to getti.g your strength back.
What about dh? Can he cook as well.as you?
Thanks for keeping us posted.
Showtalk
Host

Jan-29

Although we prefer good food, the medical care is most important.  I’m so happy you are better. You will know when it’s time to go home.  Do you need rehab?

Im not sleeping too much.  This morning they came in @3:30, 4,  n 6.  Kinda difficult to get back to sleep for me.  In fact, im getting ready to take a nap  when I get through here. 

Then walk some n to the recliner for couple hours, walk more the. Go back to bed.

I can tell you haven’t been to a hospital lately, thank goodness.  No more wards, everybody has their own room.

DH can cook.  He loves to cook breakfast.  However, I really don’t like breakfast, I’d go straight to lunch if it were left up to me.  He cooks other things too.  Of course I prefer my own cooking. lol