Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Diet Cola and Eyesight   The Consumer You: Marketplace

Started Jan-23 by kizmet1; 1551 views.
kizmet1

Jan-28

No, the only time I have seen salmon eggs was when used as bait. I used to eat roe from smelt when they ran here. It was considered a delicacy.
kizmet1

Jan-28

Really??? I thought you lived in CA? Our stores sell steamer clams the size of a silver dollar and in certain places in OR and WA have places where, with a license, you can dig them. The other ones I have gone after are razor clams which have a golden shell. We also need a license for those. We walk.on the wet sand looking for a hole the size of a little finger or pencil. One can dig as fast as possible, reach in.the wet hole, fish around with your hand and pull one out. Others use a plastic tube with their finger over an air hole. When enough sand is in the tube the hole is covered and the sand is pulled out with the clam inside.
We go to our tent or cabin and cut the shells off and take the inners out and make chowder, fritters or just plain fried clams in cornmeal.
I started digging at 6.
WALTER784

Jan-28

kizmet1 said...

No, the only time I have seen salmon eggs was when used as bait. I used to eat roe from smelt when they ran here. It was considered a delicacy.

A Canadian salmon factory sent one of their employees to Japan to learn how to properly remove and keep the salmon eggs until time to eat. That company's profits more than tripled when they started exporting the salmon eggs which they used to throw away to Japan.

Smelt and Caviar are both delicacies around the world. Salmon eggs are also starting to become more popular too.

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Jan-29

There are no local clams where I am.

kizmet1

Jan-29

Shad roe was also eaten by my relatives. Sometime with scrambled eggs. They spent a lot of time in a "hog line".
kizmet1

Jan-29

Yes, civilization took them away
Showtalk
Host

Jan-29

Maybe so.

In reply toRe: msg 46
kizmet1

Feb-1

Eyesight Update:

The strangest things have been happening to my eyes. It was like they had a cleanse from the Diet Coke and now I am seeing better than ever. Not sure what is it that caused it? Maybe the citric acid is stronger than other brands?
I have tried drinking Diet Coke again and feel good even though it is without caffeine.

Showtalk
Host

Feb-1

I can’t even begin to guess why but if it works, go with it!

kizmet1

Feb-1

I think it is a combination of carbination and citric acid. Not really that fond of Diet Coke, tho.