Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Reorganizing the forum   The Organized You: Decluttering and Tidying

Started Jan-24 by Showtalk; 549 views.
Showtalk
Host

Jan-24

We are reorganizing and tidying up the forum, and starting on a new project with our new folder, The Organized You: Decluttering and Tidying.  To get the full experience, we recommend you read Marie Kondo’s book, The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up. We will be teaching and sharing her method to help everyone have a clutter free life.  As part of the decluttering, an unused folder has been emptied and this new one will be devoted to tidying.  This method has been called a “women’s” method but we don’t discriminate by gender, so we will cover things anyone can use.  Women are not the only ones who hoard and clutter, or who just never learned how to organize.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Jan-25

According to the book, not only does decluttering simplify your life, it also declutters your mind and makes you more peaceful and content.  You can declutter anything from a home, room, a closet or drawer to your email. Over the next months, we will show you how to do all of that. This is the only method you will ever need. Who is interested?

kizmet1

Jan-25

Sorry but am too busy dusting my clutter.
Showtalk
Host

Jan-25

It’s only clutter if you can’t find things.  The idea isn’t to get rid of everything, it is to keep what you need in places where you can find it when you need to use it.

kizmet1

Jan-25

LOL. I know I have a system of my own. Due to my weight going up after accidents and then back down as I get better, I am turning all the too big clothes (mostly jeans), inside out before I pack them up for storage. It is very hard to find denim for short legs anywhere now.
  • Edited January 25, 2021 10:11 pm  by  kizmet1
Showtalk
Host

Jan-26

Why turn them inside out?

kizmet1

Jan-26

Just a way for me to not try things on that are too big. Eventually,.I'd like to give the big things to the many women on farms who lost houses in forest fires over the summer. Some may be short like me and in need of pants that fit their length, if only to wear around the house.
Showtalk
Host

Jan-26

That would be a very kind thing to do. Is anyone organizing that?

kizmet1

Jan-26

Not really. Red Cross was helping with money but anything else may have been thru churches. Of couse, everything there is still closed.
Showtalk
Host

Jan-26

It will open eventually.