Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

GUILTY DOGS - Funny Dogs Compilation   Knock Knock - Off Topic

Started Feb-5 by WALTER784; 541 views.
WALTER784

Feb-5

GUILTY DOGS - Funny Dogs Compilation

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Feb-5

That’s funny. They are all very submissive dogs.  My dogs march around and show off whatever they’ve done.

kizmet1

Feb-6

After thinking about this I decided that a dog's reaction after mischief has a lot to do with the relationship a dog has with the humans it lives with. My dog would complain and cry very loudly about having to stay home. When we got home all the pillows and blankets, books, newspapers, etc on the couch and end table were on the floor. All that remained were HIS toys and HIS nylon bone. The blinds were in disarray along with the curtains. It was just too funny to do anything but laugh. He was like that before he moved in, too. Liked to go wading into the big dishpan the breeders filled for the dogs. They named him Rebel.
Showtalk
Host

Feb-6

Yes, those dogs were trained to behave like that.  Mine had no interest in apologizing.  Now people crate dogs that misbehave.

kizmet1

Feb-7

I have heard of crating dogs but I doubt it works for all. Some say the dogs respond to it while others feel it is cruel.
Showtalk
Host

Feb-7

It’s not cruel at all of used as a learning device.  I have a large crate in here with the door open and one dog goes in because it’s safe. I leave the door open. It’s like a little den of security.

kizmet1

Feb-7

That is good. I think dogs need to have boundaries and be given a "time out" like little kids. I have seen and heard people being physically mean to their dogs, cats and children. Could not stand it.
Showtalk
Host

Feb-7

Dogs need us to have firm and clear expectations so they can learn, not physical harm.

kizmet1

Feb-7

Very true. Try telling them that. Many have a great sense of humor if one lets them (or they are left at home alone).
Showtalk
Host

Feb-7

You can always tell if a dog has been well trained.