Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Should Boys Without Surgery or Drugs ...   The Serious You: How Current Events Affect You

Started Feb-7 by kizmet1; 530 views.
kizmet1

Poll Question From kizmet1

Feb-7

Should Boys Without Surgery or Drugs Saying They Are Transgender Compete in Girls Sports?
  • YES0  votes
    0%
  • NO22  votes
    91%
  • OTHER2  votes
    8%
YES 
NO 
OTHER 
In reply toRe: msg 1
kizmet1

Feb-8

I posted this query because this was discussed on CBS' Sunday Morning show yesterday.
It sems there are 17 states where boys who call themselves "transgender" can show up wearing girls clothes and compete in races as a girl without surgery or female hormones. Only one girl has been able to come in first against someone born as a male.
The whole situation reflects on who gets scholarships and at what schools.
A lawsuit has been filed by female athletes. One award winning female athlete backing the young girls is tennis player Martina Navratalova. She is one of many women who put in a lot of time in training to excel in her chosen sport.
Showtalk
Host

Feb-8

Now it’s national. We had a discussion on this before. Nothing has changed except now it’s mandated.  

kizmet1

Feb-8

Yep, but I didn't know that my state of Oregon would allow any males to compete in any female sport without taking female prescription hormones and/or surgery to change their body to look like a female from head to toe. Also, it means a lot to a girl hoping to get scholarships at a good college if she does well. Perhaps the males want a scholarship, too but are not as good as some of the male competitors?
Showtalk
Host

Feb-8

Yes that is all true.  It’s going to repot in a huge fight because according to woke culture, we should not care. But those involved care very much.

kizmet1

Feb-9

Yes, the girls care. They might have a chance to go to the Olympics or prestigious colleges. All the boys have to do is put on girls clothes.
Showtalk
Host

Feb-9

That’s not quite all. They must identify as women and live that way.  

kizmet1

Feb-9

No problem for someone who stands to get a top education for cheap or free.
Showtalk
Host

Feb-9

I wi der how often that happens by someone who is not transgender or who has transitioned.

kizmet1

Feb-9

Hard to know at this time. I don't recall many boys starting hormone treatment so early. Some have felt that he is too young to understand everything involved. i know of at least one actress who is helping her adopted child transition as a preteen. There was a time when people had to live as opposite sex before getting hormones, let alone surgery.
  • Edited February 9, 2021 9:02 pm  by  kizmet1