Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Did you lose power during the Great Storm of 2021?   The Natural You: Wild Kingdom

Started Feb-18 by Showtalk; 2309 views.
Showtalk

Poll Question From Showtalk

Feb-18

Did you lose power during the Great Storm of 2021?
  • Yes and we are still without power0  votes
    0%
  • Yes, but it's back on now4  votes
    17%
  • Yes, briefly and it's back on now1  vote
    4%
  • No14  votes
    60%
  • What storm?4  votes
    17%
  • Other0  votes
    0%
Yes and we are still without power 
Yes, but it's back on now 
Yes, briefly and it's back on now 
No 
What storm? 
Other 
Showtalk
Host

Feb-18

Did your power go out? I’m worried about you.

In reply toRe: msg 1
Showtalk
Host

Feb-18

In reply toRe: msg 3
Showtalk
Host

Feb-18

In reply toRe: msg 4
Showtalk
Host

Feb-18

This makes perfect sense. Texas fails to provide energy to get residents through the storm so ERCOT raising prices.  Sounds like NY or California.

In reply toRe: msg 1
EdGlaze

Feb-20

I am in South Texas and the power at my home stayed on but we lost power at the prison I work at just a few miles away. Since I am in charge of the generators it meant some extra work.

We lost water due to the freeze and are still under a boil water notice — I am boiling water now for chicken noodle soup.

I am glad the freeze is over for us but the store shelves are still empty and when stocked are quickly emptied again even though limits are in place.

Showtalk
Host

Feb-20

I heard about the boil notice due to back flow?  Bottled water is selling out. They showed pictures of long lines of cars waiting to buy water.  They didn’t mention food shortages, although they said vaccine mega sites are shutting down everywhere because of the storms interrupting delivery systems. Hopefully your stores will be fully stocked too.  I think two members of our forum, Kizmet and Boots, are or were without power.  I heard Boots finally has power in Texas. Kismet is in Portland and I’m worried about her.

Showtalk
Host

Feb-20

Welcome back! I heard you are home and have power. Let us know how you are doing when you can.

Thanks for the welcome.

We got home from the motel late yesterday afternoon.  We lost power n water n the company moved us to a Hampton Inn.  Thanks goodness when we got back everything was ok although some of our friends had water damages from burst pipes.

The electric companies are deregulated in TX.  Some of the older more established companies have said they will work with their customers to spread the costs out over the months n will try not to lamblast them with large bills.  It's the smaller companies that buy their power from the larger companies that pass on that cost to their customers that are hitting their customers hard.   They don't seem to care.

All in all the state will step in at some point n help the residents.

Showtalk
Host

Feb-20

I’m so glad you are alright.  I kept up with you through Marci and Jz.  Everyone was worried.

Texas is not on the grid with other states, so they couldn’t share power. I heard some people will get bills as high as $10,000 due to emergency pricing.