Opinion Polls: Delphi's Polling Place

Hosted by Showtalk

Opinion polls on all subjects. Opinions? Heck yes, we have opinions - but we're *always* nice about it, even when ours are diametrically opposed to yours. Register your vote today!

MEMBERS
    POSTS TODAY

Discussions

Clothes drying method   The Curious You: Beliefs and Ideas

Started Feb-24 by WALTER784; 1026 views.
WALTER784

Poll Question From WALTER784

Feb-24

Clothes drying method
  • Dryer16  votes
    76%
  • Clothes line4  votes
    19%
  • Dry cleaner0  votes
    0%
  • Other (Please explain)1  vote
    4%
Dryer 
Clothes line 
Dry cleaner 
Other (Please explain) 
Showtalk
Host

Feb-26

When I have time and the weather is nice, I like to use a clothesline.  Everything smells fresh and outdoorsy.

In reply toRe: msg 1
WALTER784

Feb-27

When I lived in a downtown Tokyo apartment, I once hung them out on a clothes pole on the balcony... but had to re-wash them again because the smog just turned the a blackish-grey! But where I live now, I prefer sun dried over dryer any day of the week. I don't know really how to explain it...

I think clothes line dried items are dryer... perhaps a little bit more crisp and not as soft/fluffy as dryer dried, but to me... I think they soak up more water (for bath towels and summer time sweat).

FWIW

• Edited February 27, 2021 8:32 am  by  WALTER784
Showtalk
Host

Feb-27

That crispness is caused by a faint residue of soap. Washing occasionally in vinegar gets that out.  I think fresh air adds scents of flower or trees.  That is what I smell after I take them off the line.  The dryer gives it a different smell. I don’t like dryer sheets because they use perfume type scents.

WALTER784

Feb-28

Showtalk said...

That crispness is caused by a faint residue of soap. Washing occasionally in vinegar gets that out.

Actually, I like that crispness!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Feb-28

It’s not scratchy?

WALTER784

Feb-28

Showtalk said...

It’s not scratchy?

It doesn't cut the skin... thus no bleeding nor skin marks.

It does however invigorate my skin! (i.e. It feels good and I like it!)

And that's what I dislike most about dryer dried towels because they're so soft and fluffy... (i.e. no tingling skin sensation!)

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Mar-1

So you found a good solution.

WALTER784

Mar-2

Yep... for me anyway!

FWIW

Showtalk
Host

Mar-2

I voted in this poll. I guess you and I are the only ones using a clothesline. I’ve talked to a few people offline who are also using a clothesline since the lockdown.  It’s a fun tribute to a past era.  I still use a dryer but not as much.